lovely 1980's pink spa and sink

G'day guys,

I just did a quick search but didn't find an answer to my query. I have a spa bath and sink that are a lovely shade of 1980's pink. I remember seeing some product on tv a while ago that will enable me to paint / change this colour to white. I could of course wait until it comes back in fashion, but since my wife already thinks I am stuck in the 80's, does anyone know what I can use to help bring this bathroom into the 21st century?

Phil :)

Ohh no the pink bath!

Hi there, I had a pink bathroom (vanity + tub) in one of my renos too. I have done a few renos and I stopped “spraying” spas/tubs after I realised the paint job was almost as expensive as getting the spa from e-bay or sometimes my suppliers had some for investors who did not mind a little scratch here and there, for a great discount. Spraying these pieces is a job that you have to delegate. Unless it is a very unique piece in terms of style and maybe sentimental value, I would go for a newer/more stylish piece. It would also depend if you are talking about a property in Sydney harbour Vs a property in a regional centre, etc.

Happy Investing

Jon Salvador
Finance Broker
Buyers Agent
Property Investor
http://web.mac.com/patty_jon/iWeb/HeadingHome/Home.html

The product you are looking for is Knights tile &/or bath paint. I have used it successfully on tiles only but I'm sure there is a product for baths

Thanks for your ideas guys.

I didn't really think of replacing it (Reno newbie). Celica you mentioned you have previously used it on tiles, what was the end result? did it turn out ok?

Phil :)

There is a two part enamel product for this purpose - Manny has used is before from memory (need to find post...)

Otherwise, you can get it done professionally by mend-a-bathroom, thermoglaze and any of the other reputable resurface places.

Cheers,

The Y-man

I have used the White Knight paint on my son's bath - it improved it immensely. Ani used it on a sink, there are photos in the gallery, it was Ani's success that gave me the idea of painting my son's bath.

I painted it about 3 years ago and so far so good. I did sand it and thoroughly cleaned the bath before starting.

The product is available at most paint stores

Chris

Thank You

Thanks for all the imput guys, I will chase those options up and see which is best for this situation.

Cheers,

Phil. :)

I reckon, just get some flares and body shirts, gold chains and clunky shoes, comb your chest hair upwards, and enjoy the 1980s all over again :D

I cannot stop picturing the Kath & Kim episode using flashbacks "Kel, your li-lo. Your li-low is blowing away in the wind" and "I'll just Busy Girl it".

Back