Low cost bulk conveyancing options in Sydney

I am looking for a lawyer to do conveyancing for up to 12 properties in bulk. Just need to guage how much it will cost me.. In past I have paid 2500 in Sydney and have also paid 650 for melbourne property. I am pretty sure there are good lawyers in sydney that will charge around $880.

Can anyone give me some references?

I am looking for a lawyer to do conveyancing for up to 12 properties in bulk. Just need to guage how much it will cost me.. In past I have paid 2500 in Sydney and have also paid 650 for melbourne property. I am pretty sure there are good lawyers in sydney that will charge around $880.

Can anyone give me some references?

I charge $1500 plus GST plus disbursements.

You would probably find lawyers out cabramatta who would do it that cheap.

Not sure if Terry W from here does conveyancing or not but worth asking him.

$880 + disbursements for a soli to handle is probably do-able for bulk (a soli is typically $1100+ range), less would be in the conveyancer only territory.

You can give my soli a call, Henry Packham, he works out of Conveyancing Shop Chatswood, 9410 3846. Let him know David their IT guy referred you.

I am pretty sure there are good lawyers in sydney that will charge around $880.

You mean inexpensive rather than good?

Dont confuse the 2

While I appreciate this stuff doesnt look like rocket science, and you are correct in looking to chase a volume discount, looking to scrounge on conveyancing can come to bite back quite hard if something goes astray.

This is more so in your case, where the propensity for something to go wrong is probably not linear.

ta
rolf

ta
rolf

Not sure if Terry W from here does conveyancing or not but worth asking him.

$880 + disbursements for a soli to handle is probably do-able for bulk (a soli is typically $1100+ range), less would be in the conveyancer only territory.

You can give my soli a call, Henry Packham, he works out of Conveyancing Shop Chatswood, 9410 3846. Let him know David their IT guy referred you.

Thanks Dave, I'll check with him

NSW is dearer than QLD because the processes are so different and NSW takes longer.

We charge $800 plus GST or $900 plus GST and even though we do conveyancing as a service to our clients, who usually use us for other things, I still think it is very cheap.

There are a lot who are significantly cheaper than us, but chances are a lot of them do not follow the conveyancing protocol recommended in Qld. If we were to charge at normal rates it would be in the thousands.

I believe that Conveyancing is the number one claim category in professional negligence insurance in Qld.

There is a lot of potential to go wrong and the asset being purchased is worth a substantial amount.

I used Jenny from Conveyancing Shop for my recent purchase and am using her again. Cost was $900 plus disbursements and the service was very good. She's a solicitor as well and not just a conveyancer.
Her details are below if you want to contact her for a bulk quote, if you want I'll PM you my name and you can tell her that I sent you.

Jenny Gentles
Solicitor

Conveyancing Shop – Baulkham Hills
PO Box 1265 Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Level 1, 20 Old Northern Road,
Baulkham Hills NSW 2153 (upstairs next to Mitre 10)
T: +612 9686 3366
F: +612 9686 8808

I used Jenny from Conveyancing Shop for my recent purchase and am using her again. Cost was $900 plus disbursements and the service was very good. She's a solicitor as well and not just a conveyancer.
Her details are below if you want to contact her for a bulk quote, if you want I'll PM you my name and you can tell her that I sent you.

Jenny Gentles
Solicitor

Conveyancing Shop – Baulkham Hills
PO Box 1265 Baulkham Hills NSW 1755
Level 1, 20 Old Northern Road,
Baulkham Hills NSW 2153 (upstairs next to Mitre 10)
T: +612 9686 3366
F: +612 9686 8808

How did you come across Jenny, I vaguely remember recommending her on the forums a while ago or via PM :)

I also use her (Henry from above used to half own the Baulkham Hills Conveyancing Shop with Neala but sold it to Jenny in 2011) and she is good too! But as Henry now does other stuff for me eg wills and commercial, I do conveyancing with him as well as it made sense for him to be across what I do.

Jenny would have been my second recommendation to make :)

How did you come across Jenny, I vaguely remember recommending her on the forums a while ago or via PM :)

I also use her (Henry from above used to half own the Baulkham Hills Conveyancing Shop with Neala but sold it to Jenny in 2011) and she is good too! But as Henry now does other stuff for me eg wills and commercial, I do conveyancing with him as well as it made sense for him to be across what I do.

Jenny would have been my second recommendation to make :)

I actually think I got her name from a post of yours Dave. I called a few people recommended on the forums and liked Jenny the best so went with her.

I've got a solicitor in the CBD who could probably do it that cheap if there really are 12 - not just 1 with the promise of 11 more down the track.

Is his name Terry?

No, not me. Conveyancing is too much work for $880.

BTW, I was at a law seminar today and they were saying the average conveyancing cost in the 1980s was around $3500. I once charged someone $5500 for a normal residential matter - he was another lawyer too - when I used to work at a firm that charged by the hour.

No, not me. Conveyancing is too much work for $880.

BTW, I was at a law seminar today and they were saying the average conveyancing cost in the 1980s was around $3500. I once charged someone $5500 for a normal residential matter - he was another lawyer too - when I used to work at a firm that charged by the hour.

I remember reading on Whirlpool about a guy in chinatown who does conveyance for $440. And people were still whinging that was too much to "fill in some forms"

I remember reading on Whirlpool about a guy in chinatown who does conveyance for $440. And people were still whinging that was too much to "fill in some forms"

Wow, I wonder who actually does the work.

I did a sale of business recently and had to speak to the 'solicitor' who did the legals for the purchase (in Chinatown too). Turns out he wasn't a solicitor, but one person in the office was. Client assumed he was the solicitor and seen only him and no one else. Client was also charged a large fee and photocopying per page and telephone call charges too.

If it involves OTP contracts as part of it then you may get a better deal on the conveyancing side. We do a pack for a medium resi that includes sale of up to 15 lots for $20,800, but that included the OTP contracts, disclosure docs, cms, Letting agent, caretaker agreements etc.

If it is on the sale side, it is not so important, but on the purchase side pay for someone thorough, I am seeing too much of the budget ones in commercial litigation matters at present.

Licensed Conveyacner would be your best bet. A solicitor will usually charge a higher fee and unless the transaction is particularly complex, a solicitor is unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Licensed Conveyacner would be your best bet. A solicitor will usually charge a higher fee and unless the transaction is particularly complex, a solicitor is unnecessary.

Yeah. I know it is so unnecessary to use someone who is actually properly qualified to do a complex transaction that happens to be one of the highest claims on solicitors PI policies. Just go with the person who knocked out a qualification over a weekend, I am sure there won't be any issues.

Yeah. I know it is so unnecessary to use someone who is actually properly qualified to do a complex transaction that happens to be one of the highest claims on solicitors PI policies. Just go with the person who knocked out a qualification over a weekend, I am sure there won't be any issues.

now now............

for many, the benefit of a 5 star safety rated car isnt relevant - until some idiot runs into your car at a great speed, until then the Chery j2 seemed like a great idea to save some dollars

Sure, on average, most transactions ( 80 % ??) go smoothly, but 10 % turn into a rumble where u need a skilled negotiator on side, but how do you know which % your transaction will end up in........its the old, she will be right mate, it wont happen to me.

dont get me started on the conveyancing kit folks.....................

ta
rolf

Back