Lucky street names and numbers

G'day everyone,

I saw a story the other day on one of those 'current affairs' shows about the (perceived ?) decrease in value for properties that have an unfortunate street name; and also remember reading not so long ago about the benefits of a property having a 'lucky street number' according to numerology etc.

Just interested in the thoughts/experiences of others. Does it matter? Is it something that people take into consideration?, or am I just being too superstitious? ;)

Phil

I had a workmate who lived in Uranus Street. She was pretty embarrassed by it and pronounced it Yuuranus Street with the emphasis on the first syllable (as many people do anyway). The surrounding streets are named after stars and the like.

Wylie

Hi there
my brother lives in "Burns Road" - which is very unfortunate - as he fronts the national park which is susceptible to bushfires - so far so good and his property hasn't burned
thanks

I dont think it matters.
But I'm happy to buy any bargain number 13's if anyone wants to sell for superstitious reasons.......ha ha

cheers

It is a cultural thing for many people - in some languages the number 4 when spoken sounds like the word for 'death'........ so follows the belief a #4 house affects the health of the occupants, in a similar way having too much damp or living near excessive noise isn't good for one.... that said, my neighbour is Chinese and lives in unit #4 and no ba gua mirror over the door that I can see :D

so............from a marketing perspective? It's a numbers game. If you narrow your field of buyers because in their culture the number is undesirable then it matters for resale won't it? BUT 10 fewer prospective buyers looking doesn't mean other people that DO look won't make a good offer.

I went to an auction not long ago where a Chinese couple are willing to pay a few thousands extra for a number 8 house, so I assume some number can really effect the house value.

I had a workmate who lived in Uranus Street. She was pretty embarrassed by it and pronounced it Yuuranus Street with the emphasis on the first syllable (as many people do anyway). The surrounding streets are named after stars and the like.

Wylie

Speaking of Uranus,

How's this for a ship name:eek:

Dave

Attachments

• titan-uranus.jpg
    titan-uranus.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 98
Back