LVR's for Port Hedland / South Hedland

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what sort of LVR's lender's are willing to go to for IP's in Port Hedland and South Hedland for full doc borrowers? Thanks.

Angela :)

Hi Angela

I did a 90% lvr for a client just before Xmas at South Hedland so cant see why you would get about the same with certain lenders at PH.

Hi Angela,

Provided you have a strong enough application in terms of servicing and asset position, you shouldn't have a problem achieving 90% in Port Hedland or South Hedland. Depending on who you currently bank with, it might be possible to get to 95%.

Regards,

Cameron Perry
Perry Financial Strategies

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideally Hubby and I want our next IP purchase to again be a 95%LVR. We are full doc borrowers, hubby has a high income (same employer for >5yrs) and we believe that our serviceability/borrowing capacity is still quite healthy.

How do NAB and ANZ (or their related LMI's) view Port Hedland/South Hedland? Any chance of a 95% LVR being approved?

Does the chance of securing a 95% lend improve depending on whether we were looking at a unit or house, and likewise is there a difference between choosing Port Hedland versus South Hedland?

Thanks

Yea 90% would most likely be ok, depending on lender, for example I have a client that is looking to purchase on King Island, most lenders would not do it, one would go to 80% but found one that will do 90%.

Thanks everyone for the replies thus far. Just wondering though if anyone is able to comment specifically on the questions below. All feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Angela :)

How do NAB and ANZ (or their related LMI's) view Port Hedland/South Hedland? Any chance of a 95% LVR being approved?

Does the chance of securing a 95% lend improve depending on whether we were looking at a unit or house, and likewise is there a difference between choosing Port Hedland versus South Hedland?

Further to my last post....

I have checked again recently and ANZ are sticking to their current maximum LVR of 90% irrespective of the quality of the applicants or the length of time we have been customers.

I believe that NAB will still consider 95% LVR and we have one IP with NAB, so are current customers. However, can anyone tell me if a 95% LVR with NAB is achieveable for IP's in Port Hedland and/or South Hedland?

If anyone has recently obtained finance for an IP in these areas I would love to know how you found the whole process. (via PM if preferred)

Just to recap...

We are full doc borrowers, hubby has a high income (same employer for >5yrs) and we believe that our serviceability/borrowing capacity is still quite healthy.

Thanks

I had a look at the Location Guide for Genworth http://www.genworth.com.au who as far as I know NAB, Homeside insure with and both postcode's 6721 and 6722 come back with standard house/unit LVR up to 95% with a max loan of $350k.

So you could be in with a chance.

Back