Lynbrook or Brimbank Gardens?

Hi

I;m planing to buy a land and build a house to live in. Which area do you think is better for the same price?

Lynbrook $275k land:
-40km from city (but populated south east of Melbourne)
-slightly better crowd and vibe than western side of city
-close to many shopping centres Fountain Gate, Chadstone, etc
-many restaurants on this side of city

Brimbank Gardens $270k land:
-17km to city (western side) (maybe better growth in 5 years time because of proximity to city?)
-lots of industrial/office area in Derrimut/Laverton area.
-slightly 'rougher' crowd??
-no shopping malls around other than Coles and a few take away shops.

I;m planing to buy a land and build a house to live in. Which area do you think is better for the same price?

Lynbrook $275k land:
-40km from city (but populated south east of Melbourne)
-slightly better crowd and vibe than western side of city
-close to many shopping centres Fountain Gate, Chadstone, etc
-many restaurants on this side of city

Brimbank Gardens $270k land:
-17km to city (western side) (maybe better growth in 5 years time because of proximity to city?)
-lots of industrial/office area in Derrimut/Laverton area.
-slightly 'rougher' crowd??
-no shopping malls around other than Coles and a few take away shops.

Distance to the city is important, including the different ways to get to the city, both by cars and public transport. Airport is also much closer for travellers from Derrimut. I'd actually be more interested in offices and industrial close to me, because there would be more chance of work later on that I could probably bike to when fuel prices go up again. Lynbrook does have the entire Dandenong Industrial area which is in it's favour too.

If you think there are no shopping malls near Derrimut then I think you are forgetting Highpoint and Watergardens. For a direct comparison basis, using Chadstone as the upper limit on distance (big shopping malls with at least 4 major tenants plus Cinemas).

Lynbrook:
Fountain Gate (7km)
Waverley Gardens (11km)
Star Zone (18km)
Southland (20km)
The Glen (20km)
Knox (27km)
Chadstone (27km)
Forrest Hill Chase (30km)

Brimbank Gardens:
Watergardens (12km)
Highpoint (17km)
Werribee Plaza (17km)
Airport West (18km)
Harbour Town (21km)
Melbourne Central (22km)

So not really much difference between them with the City in striking distance from Derrimut which must be a bigger plus for shopping, work and restaurants.

I don't think the crowd is much different on either side of the city when comparing such areas. Both are relatively new with young families being the majority. I've seen just as many stories on hoons/bogans on both sides of the city.

Back