MAC users: anyone using Moneyworks or MYOB

Giday All

With ur recent change to iPhone over Blackberrys we are migrating the computers over. ALL is good except MYOB (mind your own business accounting Software) is not MAC compatible anymore and we cannot go back platform.

SO we two options:

1. Run Converter Program and Windows 7 on the MAC and run MYOB on that.
  2. MOVE to MAC program
We have been recommended and found independently a program called MONEYWORKS form NZ. From reports it is very good and easy to use.

Anyone out there easing it or MYOB on MAC or another program for small business accounting and care to share with us and we ponder which way to go. Lately MYOB has dropped the ball big tome and we happy to move just down want to go "from the frying pan into the fire".

Regards

Peter

I don't know anything about Moneyworks I'm afraid, but it is certainly worth investigating.

Regarding your second option, if you desire to stay with MYOB. By "Converter program" you probably mean virtual machine software. There are two popular options; VMWare Workstation or Parrallels Desktop. Both are equally good choices and basically run a whole Windows "machine" inside your Mac desktop and consequently you can keep using your pre-existing Windows applications. A cool feature in both products is that your Windows application can be made to launch and appear like a Mac application (your IT consultant will show you how). Some things to beware of if you go with a virtual machine; you will still need a legal Windows licence, and the Mac will need a fast CPU and plenty of RAM (at least 4Gb). There is also an added startup time if the machine is kept off (you need to boot up the Mac, then boot up Windows, then start the Windows software), which may or may not suit your office environment.

Either way you go, good luck with the transition.

What type of MYOB product are you using? I run FirstEdge (i.e. business basics) on my Macbook Air and it works perfectly.

We run the higher end version.

Sadly MYOB has decided to stop upgrading the MAC versions for our one. Coincidently it was vernon 20 and 21 that MAC missed which are very poor upgrades causing many crashes and bugs.

And they put there online asset up to $700+ yet when wife called a week ago they told her by machine, sorry too busy. So much for priority access.

We could look at the lower versions. We are running on MAC Pro Retina.

I use MAC air book latest.

Peter

I don't know anything about Moneyworks I'm afraid, but it is certainly worth investigating.

Regarding your second option, if you desire to stay with MYOB. By "Converter program" you probably mean virtual machine software. There are two popular options; VMWare Workstation or Parrallels Desktop. Both are equally good choices and basically run a whole Windows "machine" inside your Mac desktop and consequently you can keep using your pre-existing Windows applications. A cool feature in both products is that your Windows application can be made to launch and appear like a Mac application (your IT consultant will show you how). Some things to beware of if you go with a virtual machine; you will still need a legal Windows licence, and the Mac will need a fast CPU and plenty of RAM (at least 4Gb). There is also an added startup time if the machine is kept off (you need to boot up the Mac, then boot up Windows, then start the Windows software), which may or may not suit your office environment.

Either way you go, good luck with the transition.

This is the option and works but MYOB is very poor at the moment so a complete change is being considered. We may stay with the devil we know.

Peter

Back