Macq Bank vs Commbank

CBA automated pricing request would likely rtn 4.90 ,ie 100 pts off rack for a 720 global lend.

ta
rolf

Is that 100 points off outside of their wealth package charged at $395pa? Just preparing myself before I get to the bank this afternoon. Cheers.

That said, I wouldn't recommend a lender on the basis of FF points. A 0.1% difference in rate is worth considering but the long term strategy is far more important.

All that said, I earn way more points every year on my credit card and I still never get round to a free flight or even lunch in the Qantas club.

ever heard of someone choosing a wife job or house as FF points were on offer? Who choose a lender based on points you may or may not redeem? And those points and their value pare taxable if it's an IP... Damn. No such thing as a free lunch.

I have a MB loan being refi'd currently by CJay. The loan was setup by another broker who was advised it was for a buy, reno, reval. He put it with MB who wont allow cash out above 80% without incredible pain. So I am now paying more LMI to take it elsewhere.

I have a MB loan being refi'd currently by CJay. The loan was setup by another broker who was advised it was for a buy, reno, reval. He put it with MB who wont allow cash out above 80% without incredible pain. So I am now paying more LMI to take it elsewhere.

ummm MB has an DUA at 85%LVR for unlimited cash out and generally no proof required. >85% it's the lMI territory but this is sort of standard with most banks.

How much are you asking for? LVR and what was your declared purpose?

Cenz,
As others have pointed out, the first factor to consider is your long term strategy. If you are building a property portfolio, most need to get the lenders in order, which to use when and for what property.

Both CBA and Macquarie have reasonable servicing calculators for multiple property owners. However both have some constraints in packages. Macquarie have a policy of not being able to mix loan types, so if you are looking for a revaluation/refinance strategy for a new LOC facility, you could not if you have a offset with them already. I do not know why.

Lenders often have different discount levels and LVR pricing, so what may work for one will not be as competitive with the other. Most times it is worth knowing what these are so if you are close to a level, go another $20k or so to obtain the higher discount offered.

As to the FF package, for an additional 0.05% it could make sense if it is an IP loan, cheap flights essentially discounted by your MTR as Mick C suggests.

cba online pricing just did 4.84 for me on 296k at 80%

The big issue I'd see is maintenance after or if something pops up.
Macq substitution of security gives me headaches, at least cba can do it although its a clunky process

Macq portfolio and SVR products do have a lot of flex - you can debit a macq loan account like a LOC for interest payments
So a hybrid loc with offset can make it a funky little thing depending on need.

how could anyone seriously consider Macquarie? it was only a couple of years ago that they upped and left the market leaving anyone with a preapproval holding a worthless piece of paper. so they are back at it again hey.... here today gone tomorrow, ooh look they are back again

if you don't have a loan with the big 4 you are in a dangerous position, you need quick exit strategies and large servicing buffers as they can lift their rates willy nilly by 3%+ if they suddenly decide to sell up, or exit the market and milk all the stranded cows caught in the toppaddock for all they are worth - ask my mate that got stuck with rams ver. 2?? or 1, can't recall, whatever it was they went for the kill on the interest rate and if you didn't like it they took a piece of flesh on the exit fees

Ausprop makes a valid point that you need safety buffers before you take on any debt and having an exit strategy is always wise, even if you never need to use it.

I would not agree that any lender other than the Big 4 leaves you in a dangerous position however. THE GFC brought a lot of pain but it also gave us some legislation that killed the DEF so it is far easier and a minimum cost to move lenders now. If you were a low doc borrower, you may still be caught with any radical changes in the market of lenders but using a policy of just sticking to the Big 4 is a costly strategy, they tend not to be market setters in terms of price and some of the second tier lenders in Australia may have parents far larger than any of the Big 4 here. They may also be far more suitable to some circumstances than the Big 4, so I would not discount or ignore these other lenders.

how could anyone seriously consider Macquarie? it was only a couple of years ago that they upped and left the market leaving anyone with a preapproval holding a worthless piece of paper. so they are back at it again hey.... here today gone tomorrow, ooh look they are back again

if you don't have a loan with the big 4 you are in a dangerous position, you need quick exit strategies and large servicing buffers as they can lift their rates willy nilly by 3%+ if they suddenly decide to sell up, or exit the market and milk all the stranded cows caught in the toppaddock for all they are worth - ask my mate that got stuck with rams ver. 2?? or 1, can't recall, whatever it was they went for the kill on the interest rate and if you didn't like it they took a piece of flesh on the exit fees

AUSPROP, great post!!

Completely agree. I would never put my lending with these institutions therefore I would never put my clients loans there either

I'm being recommended to go for Macquarie or Citibank Investment loan, at 90% LVR. Are the Big 4 really the preferred choice?

Back