Macquarie rates ?decreased this month

Dear helpful mortgage brokers,

does anyone know when macquarie dropped their home loan rates this year was it around the feb 20th mark - i heard in the news that some banks didnt pass on the rate cut until 15th march for some products -

http://www.propertyobserver.com.au/...ves-following-rba-cut-michelle-hutchison.html

i was interested in fixed 3 year and variable.

I got a quote for some break costs on 5th march - I was hoping to pay out the break cost this week as we are selling but now I think the fee may have jumped again! =(

I should have listened to the advice a few years ago - the banks always win -

its a sunday - so I cant ring macquarie until monday....

i am currently paying 4.67 through Macquarie

thanks for the response - do you know when it changed?

(my internet banking has locked me out as i couldnt quite remember my password the other day)
maybe i need effective solutions for remembering passwords too!

G'day mate,

Don't know if this is not what you're looking for:

On the macquarie login page, it states 'We have reduced our standard variable rates by 0.25% pa, effective 24 February 2015.'

Yes they have passed on the rate cut.

Bit of a side note though - its very much (IMO) a sign of times to come that Macquarie have now capped the max LVR to 90% including LMI for interest only loans.

ASIC and APRA influences are very much coming to play and just demonstrates their repugnance (or rather prejudice) towards interest only loans.

This is a lot of brokers will say things like "go interest only" or "access equity when you can" because you just never when lender appetite will change.

G'day mate,

Don't know if this is not what you're looking for:

On the macquarie login page, it states 'We have reduced our standard variable rates by 0.25% pa, effective 24 February 2015.'

I am guessing they havent changed as their current rates as there fixed rates are from the 9th feb are the same as they are now

https://www.macquarie.com.au/mgl/au...s/mortgages/macquarie-bank-mortgage-solutions

I doubt I will ever fix rates again.

Back