Mad Australian Police fined me for driving on right hand lane of freeway

KNUCKLEHEAD??????????????
I said, there was nobody behind me! Did you even read my post? And I said in my first post if someone were coming up behind me i would give WAY!

I recently taught my P plater son to drive and found myself in the situation where he was driving in the right lane while at the same time I explained the need to move to the left.

He'd just finished saying 'but there aren't many cars on the road' when a car appeared not far behind him and at maximum speed (L platers can't do more than 80kph) which put my son in the precarious situation where if he changed lanes and the rear driver did also the two could possibly collide. At best the other driver would be pretty p***** off.

Imo this is a dangerous practice. Far better to sit in the left lane where other drivers don't have to predict what you're going to do, and you don't have to concentrate more on whats happening behind you rather than in front.

It's an offence, plain and simple. On a highway, you're supposed to keep left when possible. I have no remorse, sorry!

As soon as you started with the attitude I would have went over your car with a fine tooth comb and found a defect aswell!!! How about next time you take responsibility for your own actions and accept you did the wrong thing :confused:

It's an offence, plain and simple. On a highway, you're supposed to keep left when possible. I have no remorse, sorry!

1) Oh you dont have to be sorry, and IT IS NOT AS PLAIN AND SIMPLE AS YOU THINK. Keep left, for how long can you be on the right lane SPECIFICALLY. How can you be so sure I'm not intending to overtake the next car in front of me in the middle lane????? He may be quite far, but he's slow, and I intend to overtake him??

2) Also, when the police was driving on the right lane to catch up with me, Isnt he driving on the right lane too and he's NOT OVERTAKING ANYONE???? OFFENCE!

3) I was driving at 100 kmh at a 100kmh zone, if I must keep left to allow others to cross on the right, and there is nobody behind me for 500m, DOESNT THAT MEAN FOR YOU TO COME UP BEHIND ME MEANS YOU ARE SPEEDING OVERLIMIT, which is an OFFENCE?

Use your brain please.

From what I see on the roads every day, those drivers who drive in the RH lane when there is light traffic, normally stay in that right lane as the traffic gets heavier behind them. Totally ignorant of any danger that is building around them due to their perceived right.

BTW, it's not your job to obstruct faster moving traffic. Attitudes like yours make the roads a dangerous place.

As soon as you started with the attitude I would have went over your car with a fine tooth comb and found a defect aswell!!! How about next time you take responsibility for your own actions and accept you did the wrong thing :confused:

who are you? I told you I gave the attitude AFTER he gave me the ticket and only as he was leaving!

rodimus,

You've said "I said" about 15 times in this thread already as if what you have to say or think on the matter gives you some sort of authority over and above the Law as it is written. It does not.

Once again rodimus, what you say gives you no right at all to break the written Law, and certainly you are NOT authorised to place your own self induced condition by saying IF someone comes up behind you then, and only then, will you obey the Law.....but if your self imposed condition isn't met then you'll do as you damn well please and just mosey on along in the right hand lane.

I can see why the cop slapped you with a fine.

Indeed - the term knucklehead seems appropriate.

The only thing remaining is to see whether or not you will take the sanctimonious position of fighting the written Law in court, or after all of the above gas bagging you will eventually comply and pay the fine. Of more interest is whether or not you will now fully, not half acknowledge the written Law.....sans your self imposed conditions.....and simply comply with it - period ??

Who are you and have I offended you in some way? Why do you and Depreciator have to use such language on me? I mean, the attitude of some members here towards other posters on this forum just simply amazes me.

By the way, Depreciator is the guy I have used and also repeatedly referred my friends to to use his service in the past 5 years, I don't think I'd be doing that again! You guys are reading my story online and you think you can just come in and call me names like "knucklehead" and "stupid" and "*******" just for fun. I mean, some people in this forum just have no emotional sensitivity towards other posters, they think they can just come in with some smart statements and think they look so intelligent. Some people can be such uncivilised brutes and egomaniacs inside, and it shows from how they call other members names when they comment on topics which didnt even involve them!

Dazz, how about I tell you the term numbskull suits you just fine? Enjoy it?

From what I see on the roads every day, those drivers who drive in the RH lane when there is light traffic, normally stay in that right lane as the traffic gets heavier behind them. Totally ignorant of any danger that is building around them due to their perceived right.

BTW, it's not your job to obstruct faster moving traffic. Attitudes like yours make the roads a dangerous place.

I was driving at the max speed limit allowed, and there was nobody behind me for 500m, so the person I'm obstructing (you perhaps?) must be speeding like hell and ISN'T THAT AN OFFENCE? So if you find it self-righteous and EAGER to be speeding over the limit(ie. OFFENCE), why point your finger saying I've broken the law???

Hi

That policeman would not have enough paper to write the ticket where I drive a bit.

4 lanes of M1 invariable has larry curly and mo in lanes 2 3 and 4,each separated by .05 km/h at 90 ks, and if you need to get past them the only way is via the less safe undertaking lane 1.

Having driven in all of Australia, in Asia, Germany, and in large US cities, I gotta say Qlders dont understand the rule of keep left unless overtaking . and no one enforces them.

U were very unlucky to be booked that day I reckon

ta
rolf

One thing worse than someone doing the wrong thing, and that's someone doing the wrong thing and not taking responsibility and still trying to justify it. :confused: :rolleyes:

1) Oh you dont have to be sorry, and IT IS NOT AS PLAIN AND SIMPLE AS YOU THINK. Keep left, for how long can you be on the right lane SPECIFICALLY.

Specifically, to overtake someone. Kept left unless overtaking. It can't be any more clear.

How can you be so sure I'm not intending to overtake the next car in front of me in the middle lane????? He may be quite far, but he's slow, and I intend to overtake him??

The police didn't see it that way did they? They saw someone who was in the right lane who wasn't overtaking anyone, and decided to book him or her. In this case it was you. Deal with it.

2) Also, when the police was driving on the right lane to catch up with me, Isnt he driving on the right lane too and he's NOT OVERTAKING ANYONE???? OFFENCE!

He was enforcing the law and is entitled to do this.

3) I was driving at 100 kmh at a 100kmh zone, if I must keep left to allow others to cross on the right, and there is nobody behind me for 500m, DOESNT THAT MEAN FOR YOU TO COME UP BEHIND ME MEANS YOU ARE SPEEDING OVERLIMIT, which is an OFFENCE?

Yep, it sure does! Too bad there weren't any police to book them, hey? And they managed to book you. Boo hoo.

Like I said before, deal with it. Move on with life. Pay the fine and keep left next time. Everyone flouts the law every now and then. You just happened to be unlucky this time.

1) Oh you dont have to be sorry, and IT IS NOT AS PLAIN AND SIMPLE AS YOU THINK. Keep left, for how long can you be on the right lane SPECIFICALLY. How can you be so sure I'm not intending to overtake the next car in front of me in the middle lane????? He may be quite far, but he's slow, and I intend to overtake him??

A matter of seconds I would think, otherwise the police call it as it appears. It's then up to you to dispute it in the courts.

The police can legally do this in certain circumstances (like in your case). The law allows them.

If I am maintaining a speed over the limit in any lane then yes.

Use your brain please.

:confused:

If you argued all these points with him then I'd say you struck a nice cop.

Who are you

I'm a 15 y.o. girl going to Scotch College in Brisbane. I live at 27 Walter Drive Embleton with my Mum and Dad and little brother, along with my 12 y.o. Siamese cat Snuggles. I'm very much looking forward to getting my driver's licence one day and can't wait to be out there driving with ladies like you rodimus.

As I'm so young, I don't have a job, so unlike Depreciator, I'm not selling anything....so my reputation means nothing.

Dazz, how about I tell you the term numbskull suits you just fine? Enjoy it?

I'll add the badge name to my very very long list. Thank you.

Is it a full moon tonight ?

Poke your noggin out the window jaycee....it sure is !!!

Who are you and have I offended you in some way? Why do you and Depreciator have to use such language on me? I mean, the attitude of some members here towards other posters on this forum just simply amazes me.

By the way, Depreciator is the guy I have used and also repeatedly referred my friends to to use his service in the past 5 years, I don't think I'd be doing that again! You guys are reading my story online and you think you can just come in and call me names like "knucklehead" and "stupid" and "*******" just for fun.

To be fair, Depreciator didn't call you a knucklehead. He called people who hog the right hand lane as knuckleheads.

Specifically, to overtake someone. Kept left unless overtaking. It can't be any more clear.

The police didn't see it that way did they? They saw someone who was in the right lane who wasn't overtaking anyone, and decided to book him or her. In this case it was you. Deal with it.

He was enforcing the law and is entitled to do this.

Yep, it sure does! Too bad there weren't any police to book them, hey? And they managed to book you. Boo hoo.

Like I said before, deal with it. Move on with life. Pay the fine and keep left next time. Everyone flouts the law every now and then. You just happened to be unlucky this time.

Look, you are accepting that my arguments could be valid in certain cicumstance and you admit that I was "unlucky" in your words. So your mentality towards this is that I just accept this and pay the fine disregarding the circumstance. Fine, BUT Please if you have nothing of assistance, then stop your name calling on me and just move on from this thread! And how about you learn a lesson from this to be more polite towards the person you're talking to in the future?

Look, you are accepting that my arguments could be valid in certain cicumstance and you admit that I was "unlucky" in your words. So your mentality towards this is that I just accept this and pay the fine disregarding the circumstance. Fine, BUT Please if you have nothing of assistance, then stop your name calling on me and just move on from this thread! And how about you learn a lesson from this to be more polite towards the person you're talking to in the future?

How is any of the above name calling? It is blunt, yes. I am blunt, and I make no apologies for that.

My mentality towards this is that you were in the WRONG and you need to deal with it somehow. People just can't be told that they are wrong any more, can they? Your quiet little btch and moan on this forum has probably not had the response that you imagined!

With the law, there is black and white and the grey bits get dealt with in court. If you think you have a case (where we all think you don't or you might have been a bit unlucky), then by all means clog the court systems up.

"3) I was driving at 100 kmh at a 100kmh zone, if I must keep left to allow others to cross on the right, and there is nobody behind me for 500m, DOESNT THAT MEAN FOR YOU TO COME UP BEHIND ME MEANS YOU ARE SPEEDING OVERLIMIT, which is an OFFENCE?

If I am maintaining a speed over the limit in any lane then yes. "

Thanks for confirming that my view about the silliness of this law! So this is a law that makes it an offence to obstruct some other person who is committing another even more serious offence (Speeding)! THIS IS THE POINT OF THIS THREAD! Not for you guys to come in here to vent your other unresolved traffic anger at me and to call me names!!

Back