Make Offer on Business Opportunity

If you are comparint dolars per hour vs ip investment vs profit from a business . Then buying a business is not for you

You buy businesses for tax deductions, getting rid of the wife, a lifestyle (a very busy one), ego, personal satisfaction etc etc

and if you can earn decent dollars then thats almost a bonus

I couldn't disagree with this any more than I do.

Buying a business is predominantly about earning decent dollars otherwise what's the point?? You're clearly doing it wrong if you think it's about tad deductions, being very busy and not earning much.

Businesses can be extremely profitable, certainly more than buy and hold properties and at times developments too

What kind of a business do you own sanj?

-consulting business mainly developments and some investment opportunities in private and public businesses
-Import/eexport/manufacture food products for industrial use
-nightclub
-Consumer electronics distributor
-coconut water licensee for an overseas brand

U?

-consulting business mainly developments and some investment opportunities in private and public businesses
-Import/eexport/manufacture food products for industrial use
-nightclub
-Consumer electronics distributor

U?

Wow that is a lot of businesses. I am surprised you get any free time to post on SS while running all those businesses? Are you the sole owner of those businesses?

I get very well payed in IT and invest in Properties/Shares.

Me and my wife had 2 shops last year and were importing/retailing which was profitable however we just had a baby so we closed the shops end of last year.

Yeah retail is a lot of work, I generally try to stay away from labour intensive businesses, nightclub being the exception.

I'm sole for 1 of them and heavily involved in a couple More. The rest are more on a say couple of hours a week basis

Yeah retail is a lot of work, I generally try to stay away from labour intensive businesses, nightclub being the exception.

I'm sole for 1 of them and heavily involved in a couple More. The rest are more on a say couple of hours a week basis

So what sort of consulting do you provide to businesses?

I couldn't disagree with this any more than I do.

Buying a business is predominantly about earning decent dollars otherwise what's the point?? You're clearly doing it wrong if you think it's about tad deductions, being very busy and not earning much.
Agree.

My suspicion is that many folks opt out of the PAYE life for the business owner life thinking it will give them more freedom, more money and the ability to make their own decisions and so on.

The reality is often far different than that.

It's interesting; many business owners work waaay over the normal amount of hours that a PAYE does; and they often get rewarded for that financially - at least you'd hope so....in my Proshop businesses I earned above average money; noit hugely, but it was worth the extra hours worked, overall.

If you were to take the would-be business owner and suggest to them to stay in their PAYE job, and instead work an extra 20 hours per week with the required pay adjustments that go with it; I wonder what most of them would opt to do?

If you were to take the would-be business owner and suggest to them to stay in their PAYE job, and instead work an extra 20 hours per week with the required pay adjustments that go with it; I wonder what most of them would opt to do?
You are forgetting the many Business owners who choose to work for themselves instead of a boss, despite the fact that they earn much less AND work longer & harder, but do so by choice because they CAN'T work for someone else.

You are forgetting the many Business owners who choose to work for themselves instead of a boss, despite the fact that they earn much less AND work longer & harder, but do so by choice because they CAN'T work for someone else.

The thing is that if you choose to own a business you have way more potential than if you stay a PAYG employee. Everyone is right in saying that, quite often, business owners work longer and harder for less money. BUT how many of those business owners go onto to become successful enough to employ people to do all the hours needed while still making good money?

If you are focused enough, the sky is the limit :)

Absolutely.

I was referring to those who have only ever been an employee, and are contemplating the shift.

Many folks want to escape their job because they thing the grass is greener.

Back