Making A Relatively Safe 20% in Low-End Frankston?

my tenants forgot to pay. I went to Frankston Courthouse, got an order, end of story.
Before any of that I bought well....... had a buffer.
Spent the lazy Summer painting, pulling up carpets and polishing floors, (see previous post) rented to professional people, problem over !
good presentation always helps
cheers
SeafordSunshine

that's so true, I presented my house very well for rental, it even had 30 likes on the real estate website (FB tab) which was astounding, it was rented out in 2 weeks and I got what I wanted for it. it was my PPOR now my investment property. looking forward to my next challenge in property.

Nick

Started with Lasers out of Hobsons bay.. Brother and I capsized into the path of a tanker...
never been so scared in my life,
but continued sailing Sydney Harbour professionally and the west coast of France..

Wonderful experience!:p

my tenants forgot to pay. I went to Frankston Courthouse, got an order, end of story.
Before any of that I bought well....... had a buffer.
Spent the lazy Summer painting, pulling up carpets and polishing floors, (see previous post) rented to professional people, problem over !
good presentation always helps
cheers
SeafordSunshine

When I started sailing Lasers I didn't realize how easy it was to capsize them down wind in a strong Breeze . My parents were watching from the shore when a southerly came through in regatta at mordialoc . When I landed they told me " one poor person was struggling on the last run , for a while they just went from one capsize to another........." . Luckily I was fit back them :eek:

Cliff

When I started sailing Lasers I didn't realize how easy it was to capsize them down wind in a strong Breeze . My parents were watching from the shore when a southerly came through in regatta at mordialoc . When I landed they told me " one poor person was struggling on the last run , for a while they just went from one capsize to another........." . Luckily I was fit back them :eek:

Cliff

Haha, I play footy and work as an electrician, all you get is the usual crap about how sailing is for such and such
Hands down dinghy sailing is one of the toughest sports you can do. Especially as a kid. There was a heap of times when your out there and 30+ knots comes through and your a 10 year old kid just bobbing up and down in the waves holding on to your capsized boat because your scared that if you let go of the boat they will never find you.
You learn more from that then you ever will in any other sport

I hope nobody read that who wanted to learn more about frankston...

as I say to a lot of people you can go wrong with triple fronted BV house, they are such a great reno house!

Somebody mentioned that Frankston is back on Terrie Ryder's Top 10 Hotspots. Despite all the negative stuff, it seems as if Frankston has an institutional following. Margaret Lomas had it on her buy list, but I am not sure if that is the case any more?

as I say to a lot of people you can go wrong with triple fronted BV house, they are such a great reno house!

What does 'triple fronted' mean?

woahhhhh what does triple fronted mean?????

ohhhh dear im going to have to explain this.LOL

triple fronted homes are synonymous for the post war era of 1940-1960 . it means that the house has 3 fronts of the property, here is a photo also that is a "triple fronted home"

the house pictured above just sold for 750k!!!! in burwood east. insane!!!!! this house has the exact same layout as mine , only difference is it has 1 more bedroom than mine.

as you can see the house I renovated (which doesn't look like this anymore) is triple fronted just the privacy wall is there.

Now many architects believe that the triple fronted home is now the perfect renovation home. even archicentre are also saying so too for its layout and style and how families adore the syle and how easy they are to renovate (which is true) many of outer suburb homes have them. between 1945 & 1965 post war homes were being built due to the housing shortage, hence why BV or brick verneer if you will were taking over cause they were cheaper to build and no labour was in place due to men still in service. double brick was pretty much obsolete now once builders like AV Jennings started to mass produce these homes, between 1946-1961 the kitchens were out the back of the house and the backyard was now called the back garden for dinner parties, you'll even find in todays layouts with open plan living these PW houses already had open plan living in them.

id buy another triple front home they are so homely and have a great layout and are easy to renovate. once the 70's were around the kitchen was at the front of the house. the grass strip in your driveway was not there anymore and the reason being cars didn't spill oil but that grass strip was in your driveway was for dripping oil so it didn't get on the concrete. many architects could sample new styles between 1940-1962 hence why the bv was made.

nick.

Just reading the morning paper and there's a story about the third Melbourne airport being a step closer with two possible sites identified in the city's southeast fringe, close to the South Gippsland Hwy, the planned Koo Wee Rup bypass and a possible rail link. It would be 36 minutes from Frankston.
The Plan Melbourne 2050 report is apparently due to be released today although the website doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment.

http://www.planmelbourne.vic.gov.au/

Sounds good for Frankston and surrounds if it goes ahead.

Back