Making an offer on a property with fixed asking price?

All,

If a property is marketed for a fixed price, say $500k, is it better to offer something a bit lower and negotiate your way up? Someone advised me that I should start lower and work up...but is this a sensible thing to do?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

it shopuldn't matter whether its got a fixed price, or price+, or a price range, or a buyer enquiry range, or a "offers only above considered"

you need to offer up to what you feel its worth,

you can start lower but that may not always work, you might get shut out completely if they feel your offer is way too low.

Ask the agent what the sellers are looking for. They might just let out some info they shouldn't.

Otherwise start at 20% below and work from there (have reasons at hnad - this broken, that needs fixing, location, weather, anything)

The Y-man

Ask the agent what the sellers are looking for. They might just let out some info they shouldn't.

Otherwise start at 20% below and work from there (have reasons at hnad - this broken, that needs fixing, location, weather, anything)

The Y-man

What are some good tricks Y man? Im about to look at my first property in the next few days. I don't want so tick the RE off..

What are some good tricks Y man? Im about to look at my first property in the next few days. I don't want so tick the RE off..
Of course you want to
the real estate agent is employed by your adversary(the vendor), for the vendor's benefit

Back