Making offer before auction.Should i show agent what other houses sold for?

Ok,

im looking at this house to buy at this moment,

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=70664384&s=nsw&tm=1256545938

Its about 450sqm. Reserve is 550k.

The house right next to it, slightly smaller land, but 3 bedrooms, sold in june 09 for 505k.

And a house in same street, but this house 5 bedroom, 525sqm land also went for 500k in march O9.

Lets assume i want to put offer before auction, should i show these examples to him, or it wont really affect what the house may sell for?

Would the agent be at all interested in what other similar houses in the area sold for?

Would the agent be at all interested in what other similar houses in the area sold for?

When you sell a propoerty, one of the first things the agent give you (as a vendor) is a detailed report of *everything* that has sold in the area for the past 6 months.

Cheers,

The Y-man

As the others have said the agent already knows. All you would be doing by doing this is letting the agent know that you know - this can be a good thing for you, since they know you are not to be 'played' (i.e. not an ill-informed wenke - sorry couldn't resist :p).

5 Collins & 16 Gregory sold for $490K & $500K respectively in May & July of this year - very similar. They might get their $550K?? since this one is newer but it would be the upper end of the scale IMO.

Back