guys, if the building shows sign of concrete spalling ... i believe OC would be responsible to investigate and fix root cause.

what if the unit i am about to purchase, shows crack to the living room wall at the balcony door (the cause of which should be investigated) and the shower alcove is leaking and significant moisture damage is evident; who will be forking out the money to fix this?

note that, this is specific to the unit that I am purchasing but the crack to the living room (may or may not) cause structural damage.

I'm not sure it's a good buy because of the leaking and moisture damage and cracks. Yes, this could be a one off problem but alternatively this could just be the tip of the problem. You don't know how many other problems you will run into. It doesn't sound well maintained and maybe there are other building defects you don't know about and you might be hit with a special levy if the whole building has problems.

Have you seen the strata report? Have they had to raise extra funds to fix things? Have they had similar problems?

Anyway, you'll shoulder your share of the costs to rectification of the defects whether it's in the strata levy, a special levy or legal costs to follow up dodgy builders.

Back