Mansfield 4122 Brisbane

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Mansfield, Brisbane as PPOR.

Is the area likely to go through gentrification? We are looking to buy in that area but there are a few things putting us off.

The local shops on Aminya Street are in need of upgrade, there seems to a high proportion of housing commission homes, untidy yards & unregistered cars - yet the schools have great reputations.

Does anyone here live in Mansfield? What do you think of the area?

Is it safe? Family friendly? The tavern previously had a bad reputation - should the streets around there be avoided?

Will this be an area that increases in value over the next 5-10 years? Thanks:)

To me the suburb has always had a bit of a "yobbo" flavour. I remember having my last underage drink at the Mansfield Tavern back in the day.

The adjoining suburbs have always been a bit of a better "feel"- and by that I am referring to Mt Gravatt, Holland Park and even Wishart..
That's my 2 cents worth.
PS How much were you hoping to spend?

I live in a nearby suburb.

In terms of a PPOR, Mansfield is a little further out from the CBD and the extra stretch I'm sure can be a bit painful at peak hour. Once you hit Logan Rd it usually flows well.

I've never heard anything negative or stigma with regards to the suburb, and I've got a few friends there. On the contrary, its all a little bit boring, no?

Just pick your pocket I guess, roll through Mt Gravatt East and there is the same issue - one side is booming, the middle is a mix undergoing gentrification, and the other looks like it did in the 80s.

(For what its worth, I'm looking for a new PPOR in Tarragindi, Holland Park or Greenslopes, but I just can't match the convenience of Mt Gravatt East to the Gateway, East, or West. And the Logan Rd commute to town is a breeze, and less than 15 mins by bike. About to explore options to do a major reno or knock down/rebuild - there is a trend for both in my street).

I am envious of how cheap it is in Brisbane to be in a top public school zoning. In Perth you are looking at around $1,000,000 houses minimum. I don't like the old housing commission area either but at least it's all in one spot. Broadwater Park is a nice spot for kids. I don't think the shops will change in a hurry. Would be good though if it did. There is quite a few different areas of Mansfield built in different stages.
It's a safe area.
I'm expecting growth, I think it's a well positioned area. There is some parts of the suburb I prefer over others but I guess it depends on your budget.

Back