Mansfield

Hi all, many thanks in advance for your feedback and input!
I'm looking at purchasing an IP in Mansfield and would greatly appreciate feedback/local knowledge on a number of issues.

Property im looking at Is within overland flood zone on council map, but the big plus is that it is within Mansfield state high catchment.. I'd appreciate feedback with respect to several issues.

1. Is the overland flow trail an absolute disadvantage in terms of cg or is this not necessarily the case- locals indicate that flooding is not a issue.
2. What is the likely effect that the thousands of Town houses/apartments and broader economic stimulus Developing in upper mount Gravatt will have on rental and capital growth outlook for neighbouring suburbs
3. General outlook for the area - please challenge or share your views on the following assumptions:
- well respected school should continue to be a draw card for long/term
- an emerging satellite city should add value to location
- convenient position due access to highway and reasonable proximity to cbd
- gentrification is spreading from holland park and parts of mount gravatt East

4. Have I already missed the boat- is this suburb too hot! Should I be looking elsewhere or are my Assumptions fairly reasonable:)
Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too worried about how much development in townhouses is going on then. I don't know much about the flood risk although I recall some land for sale a while back which i think may have been in the same area. Maybe BCC could provide more info on it? I think it's still reasonable value and would be in high demand for rentals and increasing property value. It would be worth signing contract 'subject to being satisfied with building inspection', due to clay soil. If Wishart is still in the school zone that could be worth a look also.
Edit: Just re-read your post. - good Q. The extra accomodation could only be positive! I think a lot would cater for uni students. There's redevelopment of the shopping centres on Cnr Creek Road and Logan Roads. I think Aldi was going in? May be worth researching if you haven't already.

Back