Mark Bouris Gavin Hegney and Andrew Winters in Perth July 22

A couple of guys at work have been looking at moving into renatl properties, they also tell me thing are tight in the Northern Suburbs and they've missed out on a number of properties in areas out to Ellenbrook and as close in as Mt Lawley
Do they have a good rental history?

I can't remember the numbers now - I think 34 was where I was suppose to be sitting, just near the exit door in back row. The girl who took my seat told me she was suppose to be at table 32, so I sat there. which was back row, directly in between both exit doors. There were only 4 people on my table.

I was sitting at table 36. Only 4 at my table too

Not trying to be a gloomer but given their backgrounds, I would fall over if they didnt say now is a good time to buy?

Was it worth the money though, anything out of the ordinary?

Chomp

It was ok. Yeah, guess it was worth the money. I came away learning a few new things and some topics became clearer to me.

A couple of guys at work have been looking at moving into renatl properties, they also tell me thing are tight in the Northern Suburbs and they've missed out on a number of properties in areas out to Ellenbrook and as close in as Mt Lawley

That's interesting, a few properties near me have been avail for rent for at least a month and still no takers. I would have thought quite a popular area and reasonably priced, but goes to show the tenants are still out there as long as the price is right.

It's not that easy to put a 3.5 hour summary into a few minutes. I feel many vital points would be missing, but here is a few.

Best yield - Darwin 5.6%

If inflation is above 3 % it's most likely rates will be increased.

How well you buy depends on:
Geography
Demography
Timing

Buy well, time well, be able to hang onto it in tough times.

Emotional, don't ever fall in love with property, hard nose - yield

Currently hard for developers feasability which leads to less supply, pent up demand.

Accumulative effect
- immigration
- supply

Possibly next int rise up

feedback form my mate - bouris was ok but it was pretty general stuff, hegney was good. presenter he couldnt understand and hogged the question time, overall pretty good. there were some specific questions about dunsborough and exmouth. hegney reckons that the positioning of Per/Syd/Mel is back to where it was in 2004 in relative terms and that Perth is being set up for it's next boom phase.

feedback form my mate - bouris was ok but it was pretty general stuff, hegney was good. presenter he couldnt understand and hogged the question time, overall pretty good. there were some specific questions about dunsborough and exmouth. hegney reckons that the positioning of Per/Syd/Mel is back to where it was in 2004 in relative terms and that Perth is being set up for it's next boom phase.

I think the time to buy in Perth was around 18 months ago for the type of properties I prefer to buy. I was looking around Eden Hill, Padbury. I also had a property for sale at Eden Hill at the time that I half owned, other owners wanted to sell it on open market. When I first put it on the market, I was getting offers for $320,000. After a few months I was getting offers for $350,000. Now it would sell for $400,000.

Hegney mentioned there would be a long period of slow growth after bust.

One of the things he mentioned was, "would the first home buyers be able to still afford Repayments at 7%"?

He had also mentioned FHB may rent in future, and buy IP's as costs are deductable.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens when some FHB's come off 3 - 5 yr fixed loans over the next few years, and what interest rates will be then.

I really can't make the holding costs worth it to purchase at present, unless I spot a really good buy.

I was sitting beside a real estate agent at the seminar and I found the conversation with him as interesting as the guest speakers. He sells units around East Perth and mentioned vendors are still having to adjust prices to make a sale.

I think the time to buy in Perth was around 18 months ago for the type of properties I prefer to buy. I was looking around Eden Hill, Padbury. I also had a property for sale at Eden Hill at the time that I half owned, other owners wanted to sell it on open market. When I first put it on the market, I was getting offers for $320,000. After a few months I was getting offers for $350,000. Now it would sell for $400,000.

Hegney mentioned there would be a long period of slow growth after bust.

One of the things he mentioned was, "would the first home buyers be able to still afford Repayments at 7%"?

He had also mentioned FHB may rent in future, and buy IP's as costs are deductable.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens when some FHB's come off 3 - 5 yr fixed loans over the next few years, and what interest rates will be then.

I really can't make the holding costs worth it to purchase at present, unless I spot a really good buy.

I was sitting beside a real estate agent at the seminar and I found the conversation with him as interesting as the guest speakers. He sells units around East Perth and mentioned vendors are still having to adjust prices to make a sale.

Whilst picking up today's paper I noticed a new property magazine on the scene "First Property Buyer" aimed at the First Home Owners with Mark Bouris on the cover.

There's also a couple of articles in the Sunday Times Featuring Mark Bouris and Gavin Hegney amongst others

Whilst picking up today's paper I noticed a new property magazine on the scene "First Property Buyer" aimed at the First Home Owners with Mark Bouris on the cover.

There's also a couple of articles in the Sunday Times Featuring Mark Bouris and Gavin Hegney amongst others

Interesting Redwing, will take a look!

I've got a feeling a lot of cheap products will be coming out in the marketplace, developments something like this aimed at FHB's and investors.

Note - just a listing I found, not associated with any of the abovementioned people or companies.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-lockridge-106322388

Back