Mark Bouris Gavin Hegney and Andrew Winters in Perth July 22

Anyone going to the Burswood to see Mark Bouris, Gavin Hegney and Andrew Winters speak? There was an ad in the Sunday times! There's a link here

Niche Market Update - Event

Thursday July 22 8am - 12pm or 12 pm - 4 pm $145

Sounds interesting! :)

Andrew Winters
Andrew has carved out a career as a successful Real estate agent, working the world over for 25 years. He currently hosts the TV series "Selling Houses Australia" one of the highest rated shows on lifestyle channel.

Speaker Topic:
The hard truth! Learn to maximise, improve and add value to your current and future properties.

Gavin Hegney
Gavin has been an integral member of Western Australia's property industry for 30 years and has become one of the most prominent and influential voices in property. His insightful views on property are sought by media, corporate groups and industry leaders.

Speaker Topic:
Where the property market is going & what are the opportunities ahead for WA.

Mark Bouris
Mark is best known as the founder and chairman of Wizard home loans, Australias largest non-bank mortgage lender, and as the host of Australias version of the Apprentice. In 2005 he entered the BRW Rich 200 list. In 2007 he entered the list of Australians worth over a billion dollars for the second time.

Speaker Topic:
Think Big! Mark will talk about how to grow your wealth and step up to the next level.

Hegney started off by saying that there is less risk buying today. Most people arn't buying. Whereas back when Perth was booming 3 or 4 years ago everyone was buying and the public thought that they were buying at a low risk time when in fact it was a high risk time! Situations reversed now. The public think it is a high risk to buy now but investors understand now is the time to buy, when there is low risk.

There are some good opportunities but you have to source them out.

Hegney was saying that the federal government do not want property to fall. If property values fall the banks go down, politicians go down. When the GFC hit the Government did everything in its power to keep property values stable. It wants to guarantee property. At the time of the GFC Government supported the construction industry, opened the floodgates for immigration, changed the laws in regards to foreign investment/ownership, stimulus package etc.

Perth

Perth is suffering from the last 1 - 2 IR rises and the mining tax.

The Perth market has stopped!

There is uncertainty in the market. The public are interested in buying property however because of the uncertainty they are not following through and buying. They are not confident.

Perth is well placed!

Investors are now thinking.... Where is the next Melborne? Perhaps Sydney

Sometimes its a good idea to sell when the market warrants it. He said that he sold some of his Perth properties at the top of the boom a few years ago.

Everyone is buying in the 350 - 500 range

What is happening in 2010 in Perth

2010 is the year of the fhb hangover

Investors entering the market now. Upgraders are too (but they dont have the impact investors do)

There is 3 months worth of stock in the Perth market at present.

At the height of the boom a few years ago there was 3 weeks worth of stock.

Vacancy rates are dropping towards 3 soon. Rents will increase.

There is a slight buyers market atm.

2 months average selling time

Perth is starting to look cheap.

Directions 2031

47 % to live inner and middle ring

Increased density areas in the next 10 years

Zoning opportunities!

Best time to buy is when there is uncertainty. Buy when no-one else wants to buy.

It was good!

I looked out for you alex, Some be-etch stole my seat, was gobsmacked and sat at another table! Was the food really bad, or is it my cold?

I can't remember the numbers now - I think 34 was where I was suppose to be sitting, just near the exit door in back row. The girl who took my seat told me she was suppose to be at table 32, so I sat there. which was back row, directly in between both exit doors. There were only 4 people on my table.

Not trying to be a gloomer but given their backgrounds, I would fall over if they didnt say now is a good time to buy?

Was it worth the money though, anything out of the ordinary? Out of interest how many km out from the cbd does the middle ring end in Perth?

Chomp

I can't remember the numbers now - I think 34 was where I was suppose to be sitting, just near the exit door in back row. The girl who took my seat told me she was suppose to be at table 32, so I sat there. which was back row, directly in between both exit doors. There were only 4 people on my table.

I dont get it - why didn't you tell her to politely bug off?

Not trying to be a gloomer but given their backgrounds, I would fall over if they didnt say now is a good time to buy?

Was it worth the money though, anything out of the ordinary? Out of interest how many km out from the cbd does the middle ring end in Perth?

Chomp

GH is not a spruiker tho

I dont get it - why didn't you tell her to politely bug off?
She'd used my cup and grabbed the pens and paper, etc and then I would have had to sit next her friend, so I decided, you can have it, I'm sure there's nicer people at the other table, and I was right.

I was a bit worried it may be a bit sales orientated, but what the speakers said was informative. That was the third time I've seen Hegney, he always presents well.

Hegney started off by saying that there is less risk buying today. Most people arn't buying. Whereas back when Perth was booming 3 or 4 years ago everyone was buying and the public thought that they were buying at a low risk time when in fact it was a high risk time! Situations reversed now. The public think it is a high risk to buy now but investors understand now is the time to buy, when there is low risk.

There are some good opportunities but you have to source them out.

Hegney was saying that the federal government do not want property to fall. If property values fall the banks go down, politicians go down. When the GFC hit the Government did everything in its power to keep property values stable. It wants to guarantee property. At the time of the GFC Government supported the construction industry, opened the floodgates for immigration, changed the laws in regards to foreign investment/ownership, stimulus package etc.

Perth

Perth is suffering from the last 1 - 2 IR rises and the mining tax.

The Perth market has stopped!

There is uncertainty in the market. The public are interested in buying property however because of the uncertainty they are not following through and buying. They are not confident.

Perth is well placed!

Investors are now thinking.... Where is the next Melborne? Perhaps Sydney

Sometimes its a good idea to sell when the market warrants it. He said that he sold some of his Perth properties at the top of the boom a few years ago.

Everyone is buying in the 350 - 500 range

What is happening in 2010 in Perth

2010 is the year of the fhb hangover

Investors entering the market now. Upgraders are too (but they dont have the impact investors do)

There is 3 months worth of stock in the Perth market at present.

At the height of the boom a few years ago there was 3 weeks worth of stock.

Vacancy rates are dropping towards 3 soon. Rents will increase.

There is a slight buyers market atm.

2 months average selling time

Perth is starting to look cheap.

Directions 2031

47 % to live inner and middle ring

Increased density areas in the next 10 years

Zoning opportunities!

Best time to buy is when there is uncertainty. Buy when no-one else wants to buy.

A couple of guys at work have been looking at moving into renatl properties, they also tell me thing are tight in the Northern Suburbs and they've missed out on a number of properties in areas out to Ellenbrook and as close in as Mt Lawley

Back