Market Rental Review

I got into PI in the first place to replace my job's income. Now that has been achieved, I'm a tad lost to tell you the truth !!

Hi Dazz

I am yet to have this problem but I have seen close relatives fail to come to grips with it. I agree with everyone saying don't rush.

It could take some time to identify what your passion is and where you want to make a difference, if you don't know it already. Going by your contributions to this Board, all things property investing spring to mind! :rolleyes:

A list of my passions, in order of importance:
1 Family
2 Health
3 Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency
4 Sailing / Kite Surfing (other forms of renewable energy!)

Property is just a means to achieve these things for me. Doing only a couple from that list isn't enough - I really need to do all of them to get the most out of life. If I'm not doing one it nags at me. I am fortunate that in my day job I get to work on point 3 all the time but that work is for others. My goal is to be able to drive worthwhile (and profitable) developments off my own bat but I need to get out of the rat race first!

Anyway, good luck with the search. To achieve what you have requires being a driven person - harnessing that drive to achieve worthwhile things is now the opportunity that property investing has presented to you. Hearty congratulations on that point for you and yours!

Next Chapter

Well done mate. This last post was a trully inspirational one. It's fantastic to see the plan has worked and 15+ yrs of blistering diligent work (most of which is not revealed in the posts), an appetite for risk and shear testicular fortitude have given you the prized goal of what I think should be everyone's right - the choice to work.

Thanks also for the mentoring in the past. There's a huge amount to be said for seeing someone doing at the time what you had only imagined was possible. In terms of the book - don't sweat the small fish syndrome, be proud of what you've achieved and if you feel like writing, give it a shot. I'm no Bazza Squire, but I'd be happy to review it for you.:)

Cheers and happy free time..

CEakaGB
exGDRD

I'm no Bazza Squire, but I'd be happy to review it for you.:)

Nice one bruvva.....it took me a while to cotton on.

FFS - come around for a cup of tea and we'll have a chinwag. I've gate-crashed your pad too often.

Gamma quadrant my ar$e.

What happened to Maurice Meade ?? :D

Congratulations, Dazzling for your success. I applogize for my early posts. Recently, the experience I had gone through proves you were very right. It has totally changed my philosophy.

Thanks Analyst for those comments very much appreciated, that will possibly keep his ego at bay for somewhere between 3-5 days.

Tall poppie syndrome, give me a break, this is a good excuse but does not cut it, good try though.
I for one admire anyone who sticks their neck out, we have been doing it for years, we are business folk, we know what it takes to tough it in good and bad times.

I gave up my day job 3 years ago, and who really give a f...king continential.

I am just so sick of the preaching, and just can not tolerate pompous attitude...... simple really, GROW UP.... If there was an award for the most BORING PERSON ON THIS FORUM HE WOULD WIN IT HANDS DOWN.......

Last edited:
Thanks MTR - I'm sure your contribution has helped everyone reading this thread understand the finer details of a Market Rental Review.

hi all
if you got the finreview yesterday it had a very interesting article about rent reviews and there are a couple of legal firms trying to get out of their reviews.
mine roll each year at the date the lease was taken but alot of others don't and thats where the bris companies are at moment.
these companies areat the top of the lease trees
as they are top legals and the owners of the building are the gpt's of this world so A grade buildings
so is fun to read

Yeah I saw that as well GR - apparently they have gotten hung up on one of the law firms refusing to indemnify the arbitrator.

Something else to tick off under the contract.

I am just so sick of the preaching, and just can not tolerate pompous attitude...... simple really, GROW UP.... If there was an award for the most BORING PERSON ON THIS FORUM HE WOULD WIN IT HANDS DOWN.......
MTR, I suggest you use your "ignore" button. And share your own wisdom.

wow..just saw the update!!

Congrats Dazz!! You probably feel you have heard it enough, but your story is an inspiration to alot of us! - Good on you

--

FFS - come around for a cup of tea and we'll have a chinwag. I've gate-crashed your pad too often.

What happened to Maurice Meade ??

No worries - but don't forget those still on the other side, delivering shareholder value and short on time....will give you a shout in the next week.

Maurice and I had a parting....but he might pop up hair and there in the future.

Back