marriage proposals

I was at Toronga zoo yesterday when during the bird show a guy had the lady doing the show help him propose to his girlfriend using one of the galahs to give her the ring.

she was picked out to show that the galah could take a gold coin from her hand and then had the bird give it back to her, but this time it was the ring. she was rather stunned when the galah gave her a ring and didn't have any idea on what was going on. She did say yes though.

So based on that what ways have readers proposed to/received proposals
cheesy, romantic or otherwise? :D

I managed to convince the flight attendants on a domestic flight to do an inflight, over the PA, proposal.
I thought that was quite novel.

I was at Toronga zoo yesterday when during the bird show a guy had the lady doing the show help him propose to his girlfriend using one of the galahs to give her the ring.

she was picked out to show that the galah could take a gold coin from her hand and then had the bird give it back to her, but this time it was the ring. she was rather stunned when the galah gave her a ring and didn't have any idea on what was going on. She did say yes though.

So based on that what ways have readers proposed to/received proposals
cheesy, romantic or otherwise? :D

Very romantic!

hubby and i were on a working weekend away (he was working, i was shopping). over a romantic dinner and after a bottle of wine - so we were a bit tipsy - he leaned over the table and slurred "how about we get married."

was romantic to me because before he'd been dead set against getting married due to a past experience.

Why do some people make such a private thing so public?

If I proposed, it would be miles away from any soul... why ruin the moment with randoms around you?

I don't see proposing in public as ruining the moment.
I see it as being stars, the centre of everyone's attention, and when she or he says yes, you'll hear "aahhh" and "oohhhh" from others, heightening the moment.

If someone is at all worried that she or he might say no, then they shouldn't be asking imo.

I'm not one to spend heaps on a fancy proposal or a fancy ring however. I'd rather marry the girl that wants me, even if all I could afford was a 20 cent plastic ring from a vending machine, and a wedding reception at a fast food joint - not that I did that btw!

I don't see proposing in public as ruining the moment.
I see it as being stars, the centre of everyone's attention, and when she or he says yes, you'll hear "aahhh" and "oohhhh" from others, heightening the moment.

If someone is at all worried that she or he might say no, then they shouldn't be asking imo.

I'm not one to spend heaps on a fancy proposal or a fancy ring however. I'd rather marry the girl that wants me, even if all I could afford was a 20 cent plastic ring from a vending machine, and a wedding reception at a fast food joint - not that I did that btw!
You should bring those people into your bedroom as well... they will add commentary :D

Quiet often the girl will say "yes" but deep down she means "no", she just won't admit because she doesnt like thurting your feelings.

This thread reminds me of that video from a few years ago where a guy went down on bended knee to propose during the half time break at some famous basketball game in the states...and she said no, ran off the court and left the poor guy there.

You should bring those people into your bedroom as well... they will add commentary :D

You're not making sense! So would you also suggest inviting everyone from the wedding celebration over to the hotel room, and witness the wedding be consumated :confused:

Quiet often the girl will say "yes" but deep down she means "no", she just won't admit because she doesnt like thurting your feelings.

Quiet often the boy or girl will say "I do" but after a year or two, some say "Not any more" It's one of life's risks. If you don't trust that she or he will answer you honestly, then why would you ask them to marry you?

BTW, if you know that your partner is shy/scared of public places, then perhaps proposing publicly isn't a very nice thing to do. I'd also suggest helping him/her to overcome thier fears so you can make the proposal a little fun, not that you have to of course, you can just keep it private if you like.

Marriage proposals.....umm, whatever you like, what turns you on.

Personally, I am not that romantic, sad, but true.

In my own personal relationship (we both agree) we like private-ish and just do it stuff.

However, at a huge wedding a week ago, and enjoyed it. Sort of both traditional and unique, very happy for the newlyweds, a big, happy, sharing celebration...while we revelled in the celebration and Mr OO danced and kicked his heels up...we are more slip up the registry, do it and then go buy an IP for the honeymoon...:)

IF we were weren't shackups.

Our lives are one big honeymoon.

Each to their own and may it be everything they dreamed.

Back