Massland seminar - Mark Rolton

post count - 2.

Here are a few Questions for you - Does the fact that I am new and I only have a small number of post invalidate my views or information?

I may be new here but how many seminars have you attended over the last 25 years?

How much money have you invested in your education ? - see my other posts.

At the end of the day attending seminars has provided results for me over time - the FREE preview events and some of the paid events - What rubs me the wrong way are the overpriced (my opinion) mentoring programmes that promise the world and then do not even deliver an atlas.

I understand that people learn in different ways - seminars appeal to me and many others due to the social contact - the networking opportunities and they engage different senses to that in the internet forums. I don't aspire to be the most prolific poster in this forum but I do hope to provide so interesting insights and views and share some of my experience over time

I trust is OK with some of the more seasoned forumites that are here

So good question telejazzer Does it mean he/she pass? - I 'd like to know also

cheers

- Forumites give ZERO credibility to first time posters

Avoid the embarassment - most people here are laughing

you have definitely passed the first criteria this time. :D

I, for one, am prepared to give Mark the benefit of the doubt now..err I mean KeyStrategies. What about you veteran posters?

you have definitely passed the first criteria this time. :D

I, for one, am prepared to give Mark the benefit of the doubt now..err I mean KeyStrategies. What about you veteran posters?

Thank you Normailson - let me assure you I am NOT Mark Rolton - Last time I saw Mark Rolton on stage I walked out of the room shortly after he started his presentation. I have been in the real estate industry for over 20 years and have actually owned investment properties for over 30 and I have never been a window washer.

My suggestion for anyone thinking of attending seminars is go to at least 10 FREE previews first and leave your credit cards at home - That way you have a chance of assessing the information and Not getting sucked in.
The thing is Presenters use the guise of Education to gain leverage - to make out that they are gurus and get you into a room for 2 - 3 days at a time to influence your thinking. The aim is to get to get you to think that you know and like them and that they have the answers you need to progress. As Kiyasaki says when emotions are high - Intelligence is low and that's when they strike.

When it comes to learning about property options there is heaps of information around for a lot less than Mark Rolton's $6K programme. I picked one up from another presenter for under $500 - which included a 2 day workshop - Great value I thought. (Oh and I have never never been a taxi driver either) - Thing is at the end of 2 day there was the usual upsell to other programme's which ranged in price from $5k to $25k and then the presenter wanted 50% of the profits from your first 5 deals - now that was a rip (in my opinion) but you know what some people bought it - Why because they lack the confidence in their own ability and judgement.

And the reason that happens is because some of these spruiker's implant seeds of fear and doubt into the minds of attendee's at a subconscious level = if you study the process like I have - its all very interesting.

For newbies and veterans to the Property Investment scene if you are thinking of attending seminars you should do your due diligence on presenters and promoters before going down that path - thank god for google search

Oh and Let me say this - I would NOT recommend anyone go and pay $25 to $50K for a 12 month mentoring programme from Mark Rolton or any of these spruiker's. There are many horror stories from people that have, only they get buried in the back pages because these guys are smart and know how to manipulate and use the internet.

Just my opinion

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. It is a red flag when a single post history poster puts anything in a guru thread.

I'll give you a pass for what its worth.

Share more stories from your long time in real estate- esp the traps, rip offs bargains etc. Those are always welcome.

Here are a few Questions for you - Does the fact that I am new and I only have a small number of post invalidate my views or information?

In the context of things I would say yes, only because there is no way to validate your statements however, once you've posted a few times then most people in this forum will be able to get a feel of who you are. Recently I almost got involved with somebody who said he was a director of a said company but when I checked him out, there was only a business name with an ABN but no company.

Nothing personal there but you did mention 'horror stories' and I would dare say that some if not most of the people here have experienced being burned in the past which is probably the reason for the doubt.

I for one would be interested on what you have to say based on your experience.

In the context of things I would say yes, only because there is no way to validate your statements however, once you've posted a few times then most people in this forum will be able to get a feel of who you are.

So I am going to be one of those "single post history" contributors without any integrity; however, like in the property world, we all have to start somewhere right? :)

I was drawn to this forum hoping to learn more about mark rolton. He has a few new videos from his "graduates" who demonstrate some real success and profits; however, from what everyone describes,the massland crew are not really doing anything wrong in terms of what they teach, they are just charging too much for it.

Personally I could listen to property investment strategies all day, I loved getting fired up and I love learning. So, to me....theses types of seminars sound like a great way to get involved and meet influential people.

This forum appears pretty cut-throat and I'm a little hesitant to put my opinion out there...but I'd be interested in hearing from others who also get a kick out of seminars like Roton's?

cheers, Ash

I have been interested in property options on and off, have known about Mark Rolton for a few years.

I believe you can learn some really helpful stuff from him, but...

Possible search engine manipulation:
If you google 'mark rolton brw' (I did because I wanted to see if BRW has ever mentioned him etc, in regards to his wealth. They havn't from what I can see.

Funnily enough, the first result is: http://www.australiarichlist.com.au/
- Mark Rolton mentioned in the middle of a list of billionaire, well known Australian business people
The weird thing: each of the people's estimated wealths are written about on the site on this page EXCEPT for Mark's: http://www.australiarichlist.com.au/the-rich-list/

This got me thinking - this website mentions nothing about Mark's wealth, or BRW, and yet it was the first result from those keywords. It mentions him randomly in a the middle of a list of well-known, mostly billionaire businesspeople.

What I have found with a minute of research:L
- That domain is owned by Paul Klerck, who owns jointventurerealestate.net which promotes Mark's courses
- He is also from the Gold Coast

Could have been a plan to manipulate everything you find about Mark. He isn't mentioned among those billionaires by any real news source, yet this site could make people think that he has been, or that he has been mentioned by BRW.

Search engine manipulation is used in cases where people want to 'push down' any non-positive information about themselves, by making it so keywords relating to them will show good things for the first few pages for instance (not many people get to the 3rd results page).

Anyway, just want that info out there. I can't prove he/his people are manipulating results, though it does seem dodgy. Again, I believe the course will teach you some good stuff, though it annoys me that they charge people a huge amount of money when they really are a little mislead on how hard the task really is, and how unlikely they are to be as successful as he makes out.

@will89

Good pickup on the website. I noticed that the other guys have estimated net worth except Mark.

@gcinvestor

The seminar has good preliminary info and the recorded (DVDs) are handy but I don't think it's enough to start from my experience anyway. As I previously mentioned, I met with a few well known RE companies that wouldn't have met with me if they knew the deal involved Mark Rolton.

From the development point of view, there are others out there that provide better information. I find 'land development' books are a good resource but not an easy read and can be technical which I don't mind. From what I've gathered so far, property options has been around for a while and useful only in certain situations.

In regards to meeting people, I will be attending events held by Australian Property Institute and Urban Development Institute as a student member. For me, it's probably a good idea to meet 'real' professionals that work in the industry I'm interested in.

It mentions him randomly in a the middle of a list of well-known, mostly billionaire businesspeople.

What I have found with a minute of research:L
- That domain is owned by Paul Klerck, who owns jointventurerealestate.net which promotes Mark's courses
- He is also from the Gold Coast
Must be all the salt air,they have on the Gold Coast..

If you google "mark rolton scam" you will also come up with one of his sites "Mark Roltons Cam". He has used it to hide negative comments about him and his seminars.

The word is that his developments in Mackay, Redbank and Redcliffe have failed and he is in the red to NAB and Arco about $3million. I believe he and Massland are currently negotiating bankruptcy or an agreement.

Regards

I have been interested in property options on and off, have known about Mark Rolton for a few years.

I believe you can learn some really helpful stuff from him, but...

If you google 'mark rolton brw' (I did because I wanted to see if BRW has ever mentioned him etc, in regards to his wealth. They havn't from what I can see.

Funnily enough, the first result is: http://www.australiarichlist.com.au/

Massland does charge 25k for a mentoring program - well at least they did when we went to the weekend seminar a few years back. Maybe they don't do it now as mark can't guarantee they will make that 25k back and much more. This was his promise at the time as the masses of attendees ran to the back of the room, credit card in hand.

Could have been a plan to manipulate everything you find about Mark. He isn't mentioned among those billionaires by any real news source, yet this site could make people think that he has been, or that he has been mentioned by BRW.

Search engine manipulation is used in cases where people want to 'push down' any non-positive information about themselves, by making it so keywords relating to them will show good things for the first few pages for instance (not many people get to the 3rd results page).

Anyway, just want that info out there. I can't prove he/his people are manipulating results, though it does seem dodgy.

... and people wonder why we are so suspicious of new posters ramping up or defending a guru with their "stories" of success? It is exactly this type of manipulation that causes our spruiker radar to go off!

We now have concrete evidence that Mark Rolton's organisation does indeed participate in search engine manipulation, and in "sock puppetry" (having someone else speak "on your behalf") on these forums.

A representative of Infolink IT posted on the forum (under the name of Paul Klerck), explaining the relationship between these websites and Massland Property Development - they are a search engine optimisation company and Massland are their clients:

Paul Klerk (sic) is not the individual owner of the aforementioned websites, he is the owner of an influential Gold Coast internet marketing firm that focuses on positive online marketing for many local clients including some promotion for property development of Massland Property Options.

What's more, I found that staff from this company had registered at least four separate user names on Somersoft with the express purpose of promoting Massland through the use of sock puppetry (and deception):

April 12, 2010 - user "Alan Friske":
I am a person that can assure you that Mark Rolton is the real deal and Massland more than deliver on their promise of success, I am living proof.

If you are wanting to get into property options and investing Mark is a great Mentor he knows his stuff. Mark has shown me so many fail safe ways to make money through his knowledge in the Australian property marketing market.

September 10, 2010 - user "Sadey":
So I went to mark roltons free seminar last week in brisbane. Got me pretty excited about my properties and meeting others in my boat. I thought he was pretty enthusiastic guy who seemed to know a lot about what he was saying. has anyone else heard him speak?

thinking a lot about what he said, seems to offer a lot in return for your efforts. but im not so sure about taking it futher. suggestions?

June 17, 2011 - user "NicLH":
Firstly let me point out the obvious before I am heralded as a spammer, that yes, this is my debut post. I was introduced to this site by a friend who insisted I check out the power of opinion within the online property world, particularly regarding Massland.

I am an affiliate of Mark Rolton and the Massland team, having worked with them within the property market for some time. Like many contributors on this extremely informative and beneficial forum, I am here only to make a positive contribution by clearing the air of some misunderstandings.

June 20, 2011 - user "NicLH":
not a client, simply an interested close friend with an understanding of the facts and a bit of spare time. I hope my 'relationship' provides some comfort, I'm not convinced how my elaboration will help, but I am happy to oblige.

Now, I am not actually accusing the staff from Infolink IT of posting lies - I have no way of verifying whether their claims are incorrect, and they may well be accurate in the words that were actually posted. That is not the point.

The point is that they did not disclose that they were being paid (directly or indirectly) by their client Massland or Mark Rolton to promote the company and their products/services. To me, that is deceptive behaviour - and we do not tolerate that on this site. We have seen a clear and deliberate manipulation of the information available online and an acknowledgement that this is what is happening.

I think users on Somersoft are quite within their rights to be suspicious of new users posting in threads like this when we see this happening.

Ironically, if a PR person from Massland (or even Infolink IT themselves) posted up front with full disclosure of who they are and what they do, and simply posted answering questions or addressing criticisms about the seminars, then I would be quite happy to have let them stand.

We are always prepared to give companies a "right of reply" on the forums (provided they don't start spamming or promoting their products), and some have done this extremely well and turned very negative views around into quite positive ones. It's called "engaging with the community".

It does make one wonder about the integrity of companies who, instead of engaging with critics, try and manipulate them via deceptive practices.

good work Sim.

i think you said it perfectly - most are suss of first-second-third time posters jumping to the full defence of a company.

your exposure highlights the possible dangers of my Facebook "friend request" by Mark Rolton - in that he is using these sock puppets to seek out opposition. He cost me $7k and offered the world so I'll make damn sure to cost him that 10x over with my personal views and exposures of my own.

so once again, i'll say that most buyers and sellers do not understand options. why pay a huge fee in courses and mentoring to learn somethign most markets are against using? you could pummell that cash into paying the stamps on a standard back2back settlement and secure ANY deal out there.

you could probably get a better price and more favourable terms by organising a standard contract of sale with a 12 or 24 month due diligence clause and then onsell with a back2back settlement.

no option contract, no lawyers, no stupid JVs to develop, no "commissions", no scared seller and an enthusiastic real estate agent.

in fact, most of the time this has happened for me, the savings in the purchase price have negated the cost of stumping up stamps for the transaction - or in other words, funds leave your account to pay stamps on Monday and come back on Wednesday from the end buyer.

gee - sounds terrible.......:rolleyes: considering you've just used your "mentoring" money to secure your first deal, instead of paying someone for an unbacked promise of return.

We are always prepared to give companies a "right of reply" on the forums (provided they don't start spamming or promoting their products), and some have done this extremely well and turned very negative views around into quite positive ones. It's called "engaging with the community".

was it Peter Spann that this worked really well?

i think a lot of people learned a bucket load from that thread.

Yeah- Peter Spann had the balls to come on the forum and defend some of his unpopular decisions/products- not send faceless drones to do his bidding.

Thank you for your investigations Sim- but there was no surprise really- a related internet search engine optimizer doing what he is paid to do.

As I said in my deleted post (apart from posting Klerck's RP Data info) - this thread just keeps giving. Never let it die.

Yeah- Peter Spann had the balls to come on the forum and defend some of his unpopular decisions/products- not send faceless drones to do his bidding.

Thank you for your investigations Sim- but there was no surprise really- a related internet search engine optimizer doing what he is paid to do.

As I said in my deleted post (apart from posting Klerck's RP Data info) - this thread just keeps giving. Never let it die.

absolutely - i have so much respect for Peter Spann now because he came on and defended his position in person, explaining what decision led where and why.

but i guess for a company like Massland to do that would be counter-intuitive. They've already accepted payment for their knowledge and to let that knowledge go on a public forum to defend their position could leave them open to lititgation from those that have paid good money to learn these "secrets".

so they're in a real bind - if they don't defend their position, they stand to lose face even further and if they do defend their position, they need to let some cats out of the bag and open themselves up to financial retribution.

oh well. i guess you reap what you sow.

I've only posted here once before but have no reason to come back since. First I knew of Massland was about 4 years ago when I got mail from one of his *what do you call them?* learner-investors maybe? This guy had apparently gone thru the titles database and found I have 3 1/2 acres of land in middle of suburbia, and wanted to sign me up to an option. I Goggled Massland and threw the letter out. I have this land for lifestyle, not investment and not interested in selling or developing.

I come from a family with no history of investment and when I was unemployed and broke in 1998 I borrowed library books on investment RE (some of Jan Somers) and would take the horses into the creek and read library books while the girls grazed. I was then 35, unemployed, single with HECS debt of 10k. When I finally got a good govt job (good, by my background) in 1999 I went into investment RE, based mostly on what I read from JS about Aust situation, and an attitude adjustment courtesy of Robert Kiyosaki.

Never needed to go to property seminars and had enough ovaries to have a go on my own. I've done alright. I have 3 1/2 acres with own home + 2 rental houses on it, + also a basic rental in Brisbane. I have had 2 others which I sold and used the profits to secure this place. Save your $$, there are better ways to spend it.

First I knew of Massland was about 4 years ago when I got mail from one of his *what do you call them?* learner-investors maybe? This guy had apparently gone thru the titles database and found I have 3 1/2 acres of land in middle of suburbia, and wanted to sign me up to an option. I Goggled Massland and threw the letter out.

Would have love to see how the letter "sells" the idea to a prospect.

Never needed to go to property seminars and had enough ovaries to have a go on my own. .

LOL -interesting turn of phrase.

Back