Maximising corner block

Hi All,

I have just purchased a house on a corner block of 1400sqm and need some advice as to how to maximise the use of land behind the current dwelling.

attached is a document that gives you an idea of what we are working with. The previous vendor had put in an aplication to devide the land as seen on the second page of the document... the subdivison proposal as stands allows for one house to be built on 500sqm (according to council 500sqm is the minimum for one torrens title development)

Does anyone know if we can utilise the block without having to subdivide?

if you have any further questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks!! :)

Attachments

• Scanned land plans.pdf
    960.7 KB · Views: 195
G'day

I'm in Adelaide and have just subdivided a corner block, if you send me a private message with the address I can have a look for ya.

Fantastic! great thread! just read it all and its pertty exciting!

looks to me like we would do very much the same thing, we have already checked with council and SA water and they have given almost identical costs as to what you were given Jim, we are tossing up now weather to push the subdivison back toward the existing house and build two community titled properties (on what would be 790sqm) or leave the proposed subdivison and build a bigger house (4 bedroom, 2 bathroom) on a smaller block of 520sqm. if your experience what do you think would be the more profitable? keeping in mind we would like to access as much equity as possible to ove onto another investment property.

Back