May 2015 rate cut leaked?

It's a con. They're gonna short the market. Remember unemployment went down. Property prices still booming with high auction clearance rates.

It's a con. They're gonna short the market. Remember unemployment went down.
I find this very, very, very hard to believe...

Apparently; when folks give up looking for work, they are excluded from the figures...the volume of folks looking decreases; hence the unemployment rate decreases.

What a joke.

Here's a small clue as to how things are really travelling out there in the real world;

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1305741#post1305741

I could go on and on, but if I do, loads of folks here are gunna call; "You are only talking about your little sleepy hollow". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Fortescue axed 200 jobs last week.

Back to interest rate cut, looks like this will happen, Syd will continue to boom, crazy times.

If this does happen Au$ will fall back.

Cheers
MTR

It's a con. They're gonna short the market. Remember unemployment went down. Property prices still booming with high auction clearance rates.

You may be right, if the base line revenue stream is priced around 35$$ for iron ore from the government then it would be the time,not that I know anything about going short in any market,plus I think the rates will stay the same for now..

It's obviously an officially sanctioned leak. The reporter could make a lot of money out of it if he traded on it before the story went out.

stage is set for IR cut.

1. Westpac posts poor profit

2. RBA Cuts rate by .25%

3. Westpac will come out and say..blah blah...we dont make money..we cant pass full IR cut. here is what;s best we can do (Anything less then .25%)

4. other banks may or may not follow the suit.

5. Joe hockey will come swinging like last treasurer.....banks aren't being fair.. go across the road to find better deal on home loan...

6. they (Bankers and pollies) all will have drinks together at next conference!!!

this is all fiction at the moment but can be true.

I find this very, very, very hard to believe...

Apparently; when folks give up looking for work, they are excluded from the figures...the volume of folks looking decreases; hence the unemployment rate decreases.

What a joke.

Here's a small clue as to how things are really travelling out there in the real world;

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1305741#post1305741

I could go on and on, but if I do, loads of folks here are gunna call; "You are only talking about your little sleepy hollow". :rolleyes:

http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliam...entary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1314/QG/Unemployment

I've got the pleasure to be selected for said labour surveys - they contact you every month for 8 months asking a bunch of banal questions.

stage is set for IR cut.

1. Westpac posts poor profit

2. RBA Cuts rate by .25%

3. Westpac will come out and say..blah blah...we dont make money..we cant pass full IR cut. here is what;s best we can do (Anything less then .25%)

4. other banks may or may not follow the suit.

5. Joe hockey will come swinging like last treasurer.....banks aren't being fair.. go across the road to find better deal on home loan...

6. they (Bankers and pollies) all will have drinks together at next conference!!!

this is all fiction at the moment but can be true.

Point number 6 is 100% true...can guarantee it.
The other points are likely to be true.

Also, if you are employed for ANY amount of time you are not unemployed. i.e. someone working for 1hr p/w is considered employed in the stats. For many, that amount of work would not be able to sustain/maintain any sort of living standard.

Remember unemployment went down.

Only by a tiny bit. At 6.1% it's still way above the 'full capacity' UE rate closer to <5%.

Property prices still booming with high auction clearance rates.

The RBA's mandate under the Reserve Bank Act 1959 is to "contribute to the stability of the currency, full employment, and the economic prosperity and welfare of the Australian people."

It has only one main tool to carry out is mandate: monetary policy through interest rates.

FHB affordability and retirees' income are merely the "collateral damage" in the RBA's legal obligations to the entire economy at large.

Back