Measuring land slope

interesting, there you go, we can save money, just be nice to the people helping:)

Are these contours accessible from Water Corp? There are a few councils with with intramaps that dont have the contour overlay. eg City of Bayswater

Are these contours accessible from Water Corp? There are a few councils with with intramaps that dont have the contour overlay. eg City of Bayswater

As Myf touched on, they're sometimes available as the overlay on intramaps, council dependent. Easiest course of action.

City of Bayswater do have it but their mapping software is different and it's well hidden.

On the LHS click on the folder underneath the binoculars and expand Topographical Mapping and turn on 1m Contour Interval Map

I'm sure I've a govt GIS mapping portal with all contours on it but for the life of me I can't remember and I didn't bookmark it. It was most likely Landgate but I haven't checked.

Pace out 10m
Use a string line and level and string out from start point
Use tape measure to check the elevation different between string line and ground
You now have the rise and run and should be able to determine slope (rise/run*100)
Apply that to the overall length of the block

Buy some clear hose from a hard ware store and fill it with water. Measure up to tyre Este level at the low side of the block

That was going to be my solution as well. It might be slightly difficult to do if it's more than a few meters, but far more accurate than trying to read it off a map.

Just use Google Earth. There is a number in the bottom right corner with the letter M next to it. That is the height.

I had a 7m drop on my maylands site plus a tight site and needed to retain the 2 existing homes...

over 150k

This pretty much describes our double block. I've been given a very, very ballpark figure to build four townhouses to rent out stage of $1.3M.

A developer, when I said I was allowing $1.5M for the build told me that to be safe, I should allow $1.7M (without seeing the site).

I'm guessing the builder who has the plans, can see the elevations would have factored the $150K into his costs. Gee, I hope so.

Back