Media fish for compliments as soon as someone gets of a plane

Don't you find our media that embarrassing . The minute someone gets of a plane, media start fishing for compliments on how much they love Australia.

1/2 the time the star or whoever it is hasn't even had a chance to leave the airport or their motel yet.

What do you think of Australia ?
How good is it to be back in Australia ?
Have you been waiting to get back to Australia ?
I heard you love our country?
What do you like best about Australia ?

On and on , don't you think it's sickening they remind me of a puppy wanting a pat and approval , no shame !

Cheers

Not sure really. I have to say it's not something I've really noticed TBH. The media are everywhere trying to get the latest and greatest story.

I guess at least this sort of thing would make positive news. I'm more sick of all the horror, death, destruction, sex crimes garbage which the media throw at us every chance they get. :mad:

This seems to have gotten under your skin. Was there a particular incident that has annoyed you?

Hi Casserole.

Yeah everytime I see one unfortunately , todays was Richard Wilkons & some band, here we go , are you glad to be back in Australia ? The guy said " no not really " as a joke , should have seen Wilkons !

But your not wrong about the news though, or ads for shows or the shows , I worry about my 8 yr old , I'm never sure whether she should see this or that.
They're pathetic with all their rules, regs & 1 minute long show warnings before each show or DV, yet they show the ads all day long for all the kids to see and other stuff much worse .

Our TV's hopeless these days isn't it and the ads , my God I'm sure it's about 50/50 now, show/ads . I can't stand it lately so I try to catch stuff on 2 or 1. They have some great shows , different , hardly any ads .

Cheers

I reckon who ever it is they are asking is has had media training and so they always respond appropriately positive. Imagine someone hoping off a plane and saying "I hate coming here cause it's so far from everything else". They don't want to upset the locals.

I reckon who ever it is they are asking is has had media training and so they always respond appropriately positive. Imagine someone hoping off a plane and saying "I hate coming here cause it's so far from everything else". They don't want to upset the locals.

Yeah your spot on . They aren't even going to get the real answer anyway so I dunno why they even bother !

Hi,

Funniest answer I ever heard when the grovelling press sucked up to one celeb was " Well you have a really nice airport "

Yeah, it's like Australia has this never-ending self esteem issue where we need to have constant recognition and validation from the rest of the world that we are liked by them.

Well, I couldn't care less what the rest of the world thinks of us.

And I can promise you this; as a person who has visited a few different countries; the rest of the world don't care about us, and most of them don't even know where Australia is.

We - collectively - need to get over ourselves and give 2 hoots about what others think.

Back