[Melb] Cheap buses for property researchers

Inspired by another thread that got onto buses and cheap houses...

lizzie said:
i was quite envious of him .... what a great bus service

While they're only regular and not chartered, riding on buses does give a different view of an area compared to driving or walking. Such insights can be useful for those researching real estate as they allow you to study local demographics.

While Melburnians have had cheap Sunday tickets for a while, there is now also a weekend saver that gives the same cheap unlimited travel ($2.90 for a whole day) on Saturdays as well. This is good for travel anywere in Melbourne, from Sunbury to Mornington to Woori Yallock to Pakenham.

Saturday is the better day to travel as there's more buses and you're more likely to stumble on home opens. The weekend saver is available in a x5 format ($14.50), ie five weekend days with no time limit on when they may be used.

http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/fares_tickets/metropolitan_fares_and_tickets/metcard_fares has more info.

Peter

hello,

yes peter awesome ticket, got a few in storage,

buses are a superb way of viewing places, streetscapes etc

you dont get much scum on them also because you actually have to produce a ticket

thanks
myla

hello,

the sort that carry guns, knives, sticks, needles, spew up from the last hit,

smoke, and usual crap

whats your's?

thanks
myla

Geez, i havnt seen too many of them on public transport lately:D

My definition of scum? hmmm........the stuff that floats on dirty water i think.

hello,

the sort that carry guns, knives, sticks, needles, spew up from the last hit,

smoke, and usual crap

whats your's?

thanks
myla

i was there on a vacation/property search and took the wonderful tram service...and the "sightseeing" bus.. that was enough to give me an idea of a lot of nice areas

although... i was too concerned with oversupply and decided not to buy

unless someone has some stats/info about a particular area[real close to cbd/must be apartment] ?????

Back