Melbourne accomodation

Hi Melbourne ites
I will be in Melb for the week prior to chrissy and just wanting to know if anyone has any great ideas on where to stay.
Double room
must be able to cook some tucker.
must have beer fridge:D
must be on public transport line
must be close to cbd.
dont need parking.

I have come across the Plum apartments in Carlton and they have a charge of $99 per night self contained.
I reckon thats pretty good but would really appreciate local input.
If any ss ers have accom available then pm me.
l could house sit for a week.
cheers
yadreamin

We recently stayed in Mantra on Little Bourke, booked through www.hotelclub.com great place although a lot more expensive. Just up the hill from Southern Cross Station so we just walked up the hill to the hotel, two blocks, (to early for the connecting bus). We walked everywhere easily, or trams only a street or two away dependant on where you are going. Had an appartment so we always had brekky in room, lunch and dinner out but could easily have cooked in appartment.

Forgot to say, if you do not know Melbourne, easy to find a map of the CBD on net which has all the locations of hotels on it. It was easy to work out where was most convenient for us to stay knowing what it was we wanted to do whilst there. Also all of these online booking places, previously mentioned, give a run down on the room type, comments from people who stayed there, all the relevant info to make an informed choice of your accomadation type.

Hi Yadreamin,

What's your definition of close - will a 40 min bus ride be ok?

Cheers,

The Y-man

Yea l think 40 mins might just be a bit far.
and l read the reviews and it does seem to be a lucky dip.

Deena l have stayed at mantra hotel before in Darwin and they are fantasic.
My plug... Mantra Pandanas Darwin. *****

I am not real fussed on a big spacious suite.
Just want clean ,comfy and convenient.
Kristine l will check those links, ta.

cheers
yadreamin

Well l managed to get a Premier Self contained serviced apartment in Carlton at the Plum for $110 per night. I am really pleased with that as the going price the week of xmas seems to be around the $170 -$200+ per night.
I found it on one of the sites Kristine put a link to so Thank you Kristine and to those others who suggested places.
cheers
yadreamin

I was going to suggest a search in the North Melbourne area. Just driving through there seems to be lots of budget type accomodation places, very close to the city too.

Back