Melbourne Boom...Take 2!

I think some people would be surprised with the amount of planning and the scope of development which will occur in Ringwood shortly.

I think its fair to say there is alot of development and planning taking place in alot of places. With rates at historic lows, business confidence is starting to rise.

I think its fair to say there is alot of development and planning taking place in alot of places. With rates at historic lows, business confidence is starting to rise.

Maybe to much to soon you think? No harm in taking a rest every now and then.

hey just looking for a reply to my previous thread. here goes..

"..I am from QLD and just moved to Melbourne two years ago. Looking at offering 440 for a 1 or 2 yr old townhouse along the Diamond Creek way in Greensborough. Good size wit 3 beds ensuite and 2 other WCs+bath..overlooking a reserve. Maintained it well, good for pets..cats at any rate etc. Any opinions on the price? .."

Following property sold for $328K this arvo in Auction,
not a bad result,
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=41614154&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1256356403

similar prop sold 2 weeks ago close to BH Hospital for
$348K..........Prices are steadily going good.
http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...r=&cc=&c=46709613&s=vic&snf=rbs&tm=1256356145

Any more Auction result for today,I guess today is a perfect (nice sunny)
day for Auction

KK

Does anyone know how much 109 Edward St, Brunswick sold for? Nelson Alexander has a tendency to not disclose on some properties.

renovated 2 bed apartment sold in Armadale yesterday for $617k :eek:

Nice small block of 12

http://www.realestateview.com.au/Real-Estate/Property-Details-buy-residential-1465988_S.html

c48dd828-30a5-4652-b824-fd458be4bf43.jpeg

1465988bo.jpg

1465988ao.jpg

renovated 2 bed apartment sold in Armadale yesterday for $617k :eek:

Yeah I saw that too. In late 2007, you could have purchased one in a better block and with a better look for 420k or so. So almost a 200k or 50% increase in price for this type of property in 2 years. But it was always undervalued compared to neighbouring suburbs like Toorak.

Interestingly Armadale's median house price has gone up by almost 100% in the last 12 mths, from $1MM to $2MM! (but it's based on a small number of sales, so there's some distortion to the figures)

Still makes a mockery of the house price crash brigade.

As well as the house prices double every 7-10 years nonsense.

Last edited:
It seems house prices actually double every 3-4 months these days. I'm sure we'd get to a stage of 3-4 weeks soon. That's why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Thing is lots of people are looking for first IPs here, comparing this and comparing that. My advice is forget all the looking and just buy. They're all good in the end and if you keep waiting you won't buy anything with 50km of Melbourne soon.

That's good advice I think. My 4-5 months attempting to learn and investigate options cost me as much as a University degree over the time. If I'd had the courage to just buy the first place I saw that wasn't a bomb I'd be well in front now (though learning, waiting and luck worked in the end she said nerviously).

Deltaberry and JulieW - What's lucrative about buying an overpriced property with a 2 or 3% yield? Buying a 600k property with a $360/week rental isn't a very sound investment is it?

Vladt I think the point is for those who have been at this forum for a while - those returns have been the norm for along time yest capital gains have been huge. Remember we have been in a bubble for 10 years - it just aint bursting yet. In the menatime many of us are that much wealthier. It aint fair but its a fact..

Back