Melbourne Carpet and Bathroom Vanity Suggestions?

Hi just finishing a reno in Melb. Frustrating as anything not being down there to source products myself and I know I could get them alot cheaper.

Anyhow doing a flying trip on Thursday and would appreciate your thoughts on reasonably priced carpet and bathroom vanity suppliers.

Thanks
Jane

For carpet try Western Distributors in Nth Sunshine. We shopped around for a while got a best price of $9500 for some carpet, then found the same at these guys for $7200. Good service too

Thanks for that guys I appreciate your help.

Anyone have a place for bathroom vanities?

Jane

Jane, ..... have a look in the Yellow Pages for kitchen/bathroom auction houses in Melbourne .....

I am renovating a flat in Queanbeyan at present found one of these auction places in the local yellow pages. I managed to get a brand new 800mm vanity with cupboards, ceramic basin/top, mixer tap, plug and drain for $300 at one of these types of auction places last week.

The vanity had a small defect about the size of a 20c coin on one of the sides that will go against the wall, so it won't be seen. I bought before auction day, ... they wanted $365, but I offered cash and used the small defect to negotiate lower. Same type of vanities would have cost me $600-$800 in regular shop.

Oh yeah I will also be buying towel rails etc from them as well, ..... 900mm towel rails start at $15 .... It is for a rental and I'm into keeping within my budget.

Good hunting

Martin

I have managed to buy bathroom stuff in the past from Builders Renovators Warehouse for just as cheap as the auctions, esp. floorstock or when on sale. They have a few branches, I believe.

Back