Melbourne February 2010 Somersoft Meeting

what kind of cusine do they serve there.

Got some dental issues - so got to be careful what i eat

any chance deehwa would be coming?

G'Day

Thanks, Y-man, and what a lovely evening with spectacular views of the City!

Great to again meet new faces ... and, of course, the seasoned grizzly faces like me, old hands but still excited about property investing and still looking for ears to bend on the subject!

And despite it being a 'pub menu' I enjoyed my meal, parked right outside the door, and was on and off the freeway in no time.

Coming home through the Tunnel, the lights were flashing 'Turn On Radio' and I was treated to East Link announcements about the maintenance works underway and keep to the left and maintain speed.

Earlier today I experienced remote maintenance of my PC, and then the EastLink over-ride of my radio transmission ... Big Brother is certainly watching us - but very glad that the technician could get into my PC and reload some troublesome software without me having to take the equipment anywhere

Thanks again to all for a very pleasant evening

Cheers
Kristine

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't make it last night... Was held up at work a little longer than expected...

Not to worry, see you all next month... :)

Hi,

i'm a new member and i stay about 2 hours from melb, looks like a fun meeting!!! would you guys be able to organize the next meeting on a weekend instead so that it will be easier for people to make it? :rolleyes:

Do you have a meeting every month? or just whenever someone feels like meeting?

thanks

G'Day

Thanks, Y-man, and what a lovely evening with spectacular views of the City!

Great to again meet new faces ... and, of course, the seasoned grizzly faces like me, old hands but still excited about property investing and still looking for ears to bend on the subject!

And despite it being a 'pub menu' I enjoyed my meal, parked right outside the door, and was on and off the freeway in no time.

I must agree, the view at sunset was just plain awesome! And just as fantastic was the fact that so many people we haven't met before took time out to come and join us. Thank you to all!

The Y-man

ps. hey schmick, food was *really* fast this time! :D

Hi,

i'm a new member and i stay about 2 hours from melb, looks like a fun meeting!!! would you guys be able to organize the next meeting on a weekend instead so that it will be easier for people to make it? :rolleyes:

Do you have a meeting every month? or just whenever someone feels like meeting?

thanks

Yes, we meet on the last Wednesday of every month.

We found most people are very busy on weekends with family commitments etc.

We can probably organise a one off weekend meet at some stage if we can get enough interest.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Hi everyone,

I had a great time meeting you all last night! As a newbie to these gatherings it was really lovely to find everyone so friendly and willing to accept a fellow investor.

You'll definitely be seeing me again at future meetings. In the meantime, see you on the forum! :)

Kylie

Hi everyone,

I had a great time meeting you all last night! As a newbie to these gatherings it was really lovely to find everyone so friendly and willing to accept a fellow investor.

You'll definitely be seeing me again at future meetings. In the meantime, see you on the forum! :)

Kylie

Ah, you signed up!

It was a great night last night, even if i didn't shut up!

Can't wait to see everyone again at the next one :)

Thank you YMan for putting together a great night. I second Kiki on how friendly and open everyone one was to us newbies, and to you Heidi you are an inspiration to woman and investors. See you all in the forums.
cheers Janet

Met some really great people, and I never get tired of hearing other people's stories.

Y-Man, thank you so much for organising these dinner gatherings. Looking forward to attending the March get-together.

One of the most important values of these meetings is to meet other property investors.

What does that mean?

I was talking today to a clerk at an agency I am currently dealing with.

She is 30 in May, and owns no property.

She handles enquiry all day, every day, from people looking for residential mortgage loans. She has seen people come back time and again as they buy more property. But she owns no property and thinks it is something that someone else does.

After speaking with her for an hour we have plotted out a plan:

She is going to open an on-line savings account

She is going to work out her maximum borrowing capacity (on the calculators at work) and the payments for her maximum loan

She is going to set up a direct debit from her 'savings' account to the new on-line account for the mortgage payments less the rent she is currently paying

She will start the direct debit from the next pay

She will buy her first property before her 31st birthday

She will email me when she has set it all up.

It's that simple.

But the loan writers in her agency have never talked to her, never said 'Hey, Clerkie, do you own property and do you want to know how you can own property'

I shall invite her to our next dinner meeting

She has to meet people who are actually doing this

She is an intelligent, likeable young woman who can certainly afford a home of her own.

If she doesn't, she will end up renting a bungalow in someone else's backyard

These meetings put us in touch with other, real, people who are doing it.

I hope she can come next month

and I hope to see you all again.

And after all, it's fun and sure beats the hell out of doing the dishes!

Cheers
Kristine

WOW what a great night!

Thankyou to everyone for being so welcoming and friendly, it was great to meet all of youl, see you again at the next one!

Heidi :p

Hi everyone,

Kylie

Welcome to the Universe, Kiki :D

Yes I signed up! Can't be a stalker all my life :p

No, no. It's all good, we love you stalkers, as long as you don't just sign up to be mean!

But you guys were great the other night.

Special thanks to Y-Man again, because i was rude and didn't say thankyou before! :eek:

Back