Melbourne Hot Spots - Outer Melbourne

Don't know about the rest - but i was working till 2+am and was waiting for some processes to finish - so i went online to post. Will be doing the same next week at frankston. Was impressed with the time it took to get back to the CBD.

Clearly you haven't spent enough time visiting Frankston. Best beaches in Melbourne, capital of the Mornington Peninsula, train line, uni, TAFE, large shopping centre, great cycling routes to city along Beach Rd or Bay Trail, great new freeway access (and soon to be bypass), potential marina development.

As I see it, the stigma with the name is the only thing keeping it affordable. Robberies, violence, police call outs etc...have dropped sharply since 2006. Of the times i've spent in Frankston (including eating out) i have never felt unsafe or encountered any antisocial behaviour.

There are outer suburbs of Melbourne i wouldn't visit in a bullet proof vest. Frankston is one I gladly visit in thongs and boardies.

Hear hear. I agree. Frankston is a suburb we have not learn't to appreciate. It has the most beautiful seaside views and some of the nicest restaurants.
Give it credit. One day it will rise above what people perceive it to be. It is a suburb that can one day offer so much more than it is given credit for. The ones who invest will be the ones who will prosper.

I'm not sure why holding land in Tarneit is good. Yes, you say you've gained $60k on paper in 8 months, not including holding costs. But you go on to say 2 - 3 year old properties are selling for $100k less than cost. These properties will have also had the increase in value of land. So despite that, they are selling below the cost to buy land and build!

Well the way I see it... if you build house on the land and want to sell it in 2 - 3 years, you will be selling at a loss, regardless of the slight increase in the value of the land. Doesnt sound like a great idea to me.

People out there are willing to pay for a block of land so they can build their OWN idea of what they want. Pre-existing properties are undesirable because the people buying out there dont want someone else's property. Why buy someone else's design, when you can go 50m down the road and build your own.

All this new land up west- has it got the - got to build in 2 years clause in it?

many people dealing in the buy and sell land business?

Back