Melbourne is hot global property

by Venessa Paech /Editor of realestate.com.au - 9.5.2014

http://www.realestate.com.au/blog/melbourne-hot-global-property/

"A new report calls out Melbourne as a future superstar of the global real estate market, betting that prices will continue to climb.

Candy & Candy, Savills and Deutsche Asset & Wealth identified 12 cities globally where they believe residential property price growth could overtake other, more established cities like New York and London. Prices in the cities are currently lower than many other leading destinations, making them attractive to both local and international investors.

Melbourne is second on the list, with Tel Aviv coming in number one. Chennai ranks number 12..."

Top 12 rising cities for global investment in real estate

1. Tel Aviv, Israel

2. Melbourne, Australia

3. Miami, USA

4. Chicago, USA

5. Dublin, Ireland

6. Panama City, Panama

7. Beruit, Lebanon

8. Istanbul, Turkey

9. Cape Town, South Africa

10. Jakarta, Indonesia

11. Lagos, Nigeria

12. Chennai, India
---------------------
" In the latest issue of the Candy GPS Report, produced in partnership with Deutsche Asset & Wealth Management and with exclusive research from Savills, we look at the global prime residential sector and beyond. For many ultra-high-net-worth individuals (UHNWIs) real estate has become a unique asset class with investment to date focusing on prime property in the top tier world cities, which have shown record market growth. However, as these cities start to show signs of becoming fully valued investors are looking at alternatives, both in secondary and second tier cities. We have identified 12 rising stars with the potential to show strong residential property price growth in the coming years..."

From the report (attached) summary on Melbourne:

"..An Australian city that vies hard with Sydney for dominance, Melbourne is one of the most highly developed and high-functioning cities on our list. An important financial centre in the Oceania region, it has strong claims to world city status but a very strong rival in its more prominent neighbour. Like many of our rising stars, it has a strong tech and R&D sector which positions it well for future economic development and prosperity. Given its premier status and the strength of the Australian economy in recent years, it has one of the highest priced real estate markets of our cities but would provide strong "safe haven" status and is likely to become more heavily invested under Australia's -Golden Visa- scheme..."

Attachments

• savills-candy-gps-report-may-2014.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Thanks.
I think Melb is great at the moment for investment/development opportunities, I see certain pockets as great value.

MTR:)

I don't know the world well enough.

But no Chinese, Malaysian (at 6-7% yields) or Vietnamese city made the list? Also all the European cities which have been smashed by recession and are at the bottom of a price cycle (eg Spain, France, Greece, Cyprus) didn't make the list?

My parents lived in Nigeria in the late 80s with me as a young baby. It was the pits of the earth, and judging by current media coverage, not much has changed. I'm all for low socioeconomic investments, but this is ridiculous.

My parents lived in Nigeria in the late 80s with me as a young baby. It was the pits of the earth, and judging by current media coverage, not much has changed. I'm all for low socioeconomic investments, but this is ridiculous.

but there are so many nigerian princes and relatives sitting on a $30 billion inheritance!!!and all you need to is to pay $10k to get a 5% cut

Back