Melbourne Meeting - Thursday 17th October 2013

Ahoy Melbournians.
I will be in your lovely state and hoping to gatecrash your next event
I'll be in Melbourne 7-16th but the best time for me to catch up will be 13,14,15th when I'm staying in the city at the new Tune Hotel
Is anything planned for November?

Thanks Sam. It's a little north of the CBD very close to Lygon St. There is a tram outside but I don't want to go too far as I'll be leaving my eldest (15) to sibling-sit.

This is about 400m from the hotel - http://www.mercadante.com.au/

It's family friendly, so you can always bring the kids if you like - they have chocolate pizza!! :D

I'll start a new thread in a week or so (so everyone doesn't forget) and book it for 7pm on the 14th.

November / Christmas Event?

Oh poo!

I went looking for the end of the month event and say that I am two weeks too late

I will put Note to Self on the desktop and make sure to check earlier in November

Will November be the combo November / Christmas gathering of the clans?

Cheers
Kristine

Kristine; make sure you check in the next few days because I'll book it soon.

Don't know about combined Nov/Dec... What's the usual?

I'm hanging for that chocolate pizza!!! :D

Christmas in November ...

G'day Lil

Well, there is nothing 'usual' about Somersoft, but ....

Sometimes, in times past, due to the frenetic social life of Somersoftarians in the lead up to Christmas (and more specifically the traditional minimal turn out for later in December Christmas type meet ups), it was decided (usually by Y-man) that November would be the last meeting of the year so may as well make it the 'festive' meeting ie Christmas in November!

And, as Mike and I will be sailing in December (have I mentioned Dawn Princess, Tasmania, MONA?) and as we will come if we can come, I just thought I'd mention it!

So if the November fish'n'chips is later in the month it can double as the Christmas fish'n'chips and honour will be served!

Well, fish'n'chips may be served but honour will be satisfied.

Well, you get my drift.

Cheers
Kristine

Back