Melbourne middle/outer eastern suburbs madness?

For the international demographics who are in this type of markets, they would consider this to be cheap, compared to what they would be paying back home

I agree that Toorak and surrounds are still very "Australian" (not sure what that means though) for the sub $3-4m homes, but above that it's pretty much all foreign buyers, most of them Chinese. That's the impression I get from research and agents anyways.

I agree that Toorak and surrounds are still very "Australian" (not sure what that means though) for the sub $3-4m homes, but above that it's pretty much all foreign buyers, most of them Chinese. That's the impression I get from research and agents anyways.

Not necessarily most foreign Chinese buyers, could be Australian Chinese buyers (local buyer)

Isn't noble park a dodgy suburb or have i been under a rock for a few years?

Whats your definition of dodgy? I love Noble Park, however it has changed. High immigration has changed the demographic significantly, you will see the occasional drug deal, however, no different to Frankston.

Its a quality suburb in my view, have invested there for years and am continuing to invest there particularly with the $2.5m upgrade on the Dandenong train line.

Cheers, Ivan

Asian buyers have been in Toorak for years. Aussie residents will tell you how annoyed they are with the mega mansions with long grass and not maintained. Many of these were/ are traditionally owned by the Malay/ Singapore types. Now my Chinese clients are saying 'find me a house with a swimming pool, tennis court and big house near school' and they will happily pay up to $5m. Some will prefer Toorak and others love GW and Balwyn.

Cheers, Ivan

for the unposh people here (like me) whats wrong with the windows??? everything looks pretty nice to me,

vol builders like PD always offer basic windows in base package, ie 3mm glass in cheap alum frames, they are neither thermally efficient nor attractive, getting decent glazinng ie doubles with high/low U value & SHGF in thermally broken or wooden frames appropriate for Melbourne probably cost another 20K for a house like this but worth it in long term.

Back