Melbourne Property Market HOT

W

WebBoard

Good morning all,

It’s always a pleasure to log onto this Forum and read your Posts.

It’s been a long time since I’ve posted anything as I have been busy trying to buy my first home, busy at work (I’m not financially free yet!) and because it’s hard to not be shy when you are surrounded by so many “Eagles”..

Just in case there are any doubts about Property, let me tell you, Melbourne is HOT, HOT, HOT at the moment. Might be good for those selling, but for people such as myself trying to tap in, it’s quite daunting. My husband and I have been trying to get into the under $200K market for 2+ months. Demand is high and supply is low, which means, people are paying high prices. It might settle a bit come Spring/Summer, we buyers hope!

If there is anyone out there with a property in Melbourne that they are keen to sell under $200K – please let me know. I’m yet to find anything listed under Caveat Emptor.

Gee Cee – would love to buy a home off you – pity they are in Sydney and a bit over our price range. Good luck anyway.

I would like to thank this Forum for the wealth of information it provides and for the time that everyone takes to offer support and advice. I think it was the famous GoAnna that said, “The people on this Forum ROCK!”. I believe that should be the slogan for the next T-Shirts (See the BBQ post under Meeting Place).

Let me know if I can help any of you with the Melbourne market. I feel I'm getting better informed each day, particularly in the $200K range and possibly a bit over.

Happy hunting, buying, selling, investing and celebrating to all of you!

P.S. Hope I have posted this in the right section – I’m still feeling my way through.

Cheers
Annie

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Oh, I should mention some of the areas that I'm interested in:

Preferably Bayside - ie. St Kilda, Elwood, Highett, (now you know why it's been hard!) Would love Hampton or Sandringham but there is not much at under $200k

I've looked at:

Bentleigh
Ormond
Carnegie
Cheltenham
Moorabbin
Mentone
Malvern
Prahran
Glen Iris
Richmond
Hawthorn
Kennsington
even Chelsea, Bon Beach, Moordialloc, Beaumaris,

sometimes you have to go where you can afford!

Not interested in south east suburbs or too far out from the city.

Thanks to those who have already responded to me and are helping out.

Cheers
Annie

Reply: 1.1

Hi Annie

Great post.

Your observation of the market seems to be typical of many places at the moment.

A mum at playgroup yesterday made the same comments for my local area.

She has been getting very depressed over how dear everything is becoming. Even in outer areas that she had previously not considered.

Hope you find something soon.

Happy investing
Gee Cee

Melbourne Tees Rock HOT

Reply: 1.1.1

How about Tees with a list of the

ROCKERS

ROLLERS / Flippers

WRAPPERS

Gee Cee

P.S. They may become signed collectors items

Melbourne Tees Rock HOT

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Thanks Gee Cee

What a grand idea about the Tees... particularly as I love music!

I'm happy to do the design work as I am what you might call an "artsy propellor" (graphic artist/web developer)

mmmmm...Food for thought!

Meanwhile I'll keep house hunting and keep you posted.

Cheers
Annie

Melbourne Tees Rock HOT

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi Annie

These graphics people must be everywhere.

There were a couple at Big BBQ from Adelaide.

Now what were their names?

I think one started with a MMMMM
And there was a BBBBEE somewhere

Gee Cee

Melbourne Tees Rock HOT

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

WOW if you find 2 houses in the under 200K mark in those areas, I'll have one, but it will probably be a small flat. Prop Inv Mag suggested Richmond had some good under 150K flats. I am after a house right now, in the under 200K and I have to go out further.
Good Luck

Melbourne Tees Rock HOT

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Oh I agree,

No we are not expecting a house, a unit is what we are looking at.

We have looked at houses further out to make comparisons to buying a unit inner city. It's a tough choice. As far as
growth, we'd rather inner city.

Anyway, we will keep looking and best of luck to you with your hunting.

Cheers Scott.

Back