Melbourne Resturants Supberb

Just got back from Melbourne and wow am taken back by some of your restaurants, wish we had the same in Perth.

Melb has nailed it for me, that's it I am buying a 1 bedder for my "love in" food escapes, who cares about property when you have Chin Chin and Gazi. Unfortunately can not book Chin Chin and I am told some people wait 2 hours to get in, we got there at 4.30 pm, no wait time.

Apparently over 4000 restaurants in Melb Chin Chin is ranked 11.
The cuisine is out of this world, we ordered "Feed Me", the platters just keep coming out and just when you think it could not get any better, they raise the bar again.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1596082/restaurant/CBD/Chin-Chin-Melbourne

Gazi was magic, tappers, mixture of Greek/Turkish. Delicious cuisine and generous helpings and great atmosphere, owned by George.. famous celeb chief believe he owns a few restaurants in Melb.

http://gazirestaurant.com.au/

MTR:)

Agreed. Melbourne has some great restaurants.

I'm lucky to be a food surveyor so I get paid to eat at nice restaurants around town :) I had dinner at Ezards the other night, that was absolutely lovely. Haven't been to Chin Chin yet but have heard very good things about it and it's on the 'to do' list.

Agreed. Melbourne has some great restaurants.

I'm lucky to be a food surveyor so I get paid to eat at nice restaurants around town :) I had dinner at Ezards the other night, that was absolutely lovely. Haven't been to Chin Chin yet but have heard very good things about it and it's on the 'to do' list.

I want your job;)

ezard is brilliant and has been for many years.

marisa if you loved chin chin give bangpop a go next time youre there. more outright thai vs chin chin which is a bit of a mix but food is similarly excellent. it's northern thai though so less coconut and more spice

ezard is brilliant and has been for many years.

marisa if you loved chin chin give bangpop a go next time youre there. more outright thai vs chin chin which is a bit of a mix but food is similarly excellent. it's northern thai though so less coconut and more spice

Will do, thanks for the tip, I do prefer the spice over coconut as a base.:)

Will do, thanks for the tip, I do prefer the spice over coconut as a base.:)

have you been to s&t in northbridge? better than vast majority of the westernised thai in perth. thai esarn in bayswater isnt bad too, has a few good esarn dishes.

Bloody City-opics.

Christ; is anyone from outside the CBD in any State on this site anymore?

Pleeeese let me hear form a nurse in Narre Warren, or a Teacher in Blacktown, a Cop in Narrabri; someone.....

Thank god for TC out on the farm.

Whinge over; back to the topic of restaurants - not only in the CBD..

Try Sharma's All Star Bar Indian Restaurant in Rosebud.

I go to Melbourne about 4-5 times a year. Tend to leave with happy tastebuds, not so happy belly.

I recently started exploring the roof-top cafes, even gained some sage words of wisdom from the owner of the roof-top bar building who was a CIP investor in the elevator once.

Nothing matches it in Sydney, though there is a growing trend for quality cafes spilling into Sydney last couple of years.

@MTR Freemantle had some great cafes last couple of times I was there. You go over much?

Bloody City-opics.

Christ; is anyone from outside the CBD in any State on this site anymore?

Pleeeese let me hear form a nurse in Narre Warren, or a Teacher in Blacktown, a Cop in Narrabri; someone.....

Thank god for TC out on the farm.

Whinge over; back to the topic of restaurants - not only in the CBD..

Try Sharma's All Star Bar Indian Restaurant in Rosebud.

My plan is to get out of the CBD and do the wineries in Vic, that should be fun:)

I go to Melbourne about 4-5 times a year. Tend to leave with happy tastebuds, not so happy belly.

I recently started exploring the roof-top cafes, even gained some sage words of wisdom from the owner of the roof-top bar building who was a CIP investor in the elevator once.

Nothing matches it in Sydney, though there is a growing trend for quality cafes spilling into Sydney last couple of years.

@MTR Freemantle had some great cafes last couple of times I was there. You go over much?

Hi nhg
Freo is good, however it is in need of a makeover, but yes, have some great restaurants in this area.

I love Syd too, Watson's Bay one of my favourite spots, what's that seafood restaurant called?? Very nice.

I love Syd too, Watson's Bay one of my favourite spots, what's that seafood restaurant called?? Very nice.

Doyle's. I ate there last weekend. Love that place.

There are good restaurants in random places. eg. Canley Vale for Viet, Amazing Thai in Picton, slew of top cafes in the Hills district.

Great restaurants in Cootamundra, rural NSW. Was surprised to discover that when I lived there for a year.

You just need be a part of the food scene (which i'm not, but my friends are).

The Fence's Campfire and Grill I hear is a great place for tucker out here in little ole rural NSW.

Bring your own tucker and I'll cook it for you for nothin' as well as throw in a fresh made damper from the coals for free ! :)

Wow, I can buy a weeks worth of tucker for that one "Feed Me" meal...!:eek:

Im not into restaurants at all. Id rather cook my own food. You never know what goes on in those kitchens and I have done some renovations/repairs in some and from what I have seen it has turned me off dining out forever.

Must admit though, the coffee in Melbourne is the only real good coffee Ive ever tasted.

Someone was raging to me about the kebabs in Hallam car wash, went there last week, there were plenty of kids hanging outside with their modified cars.

Then comes the mix Kebab, after first bite, straight into the trash.

LOL MTR we are off to Melbourne over the Christmas break.

Husband doesn't care what we do for the 3 days/2 nights we are there as long as he goes to Brunetti's both of them Carlton and the kiosk ( Swanston St?)

Chin Chin looks good, might be a plan. We are staying at Mantra on the Park in Carlton.

do you ever go to cabramatta navid? im a big fan, one of my favourite parts of sydney

Cabramatta/Canley Vale are next door.

One of the best places for great food. Not many non-viet there though.

Auburn rates super high on my list for burgers, Fairfield has one of the best persian and el salvadorian restaurants, Sans Souci and Watsons Bay for seafood.

I'm that guy you go out with for a 'quick' meal, and an hour later wonder why you're still driving, and why you don't recognize any of the streets anymore.

Back