Melbourne Resturants Supberb

LOL MTR we are off to Melbourne over the Christmas break.

Husband doesn't care what we do for the 3 days/2 nights we are there as long as he goes to Brunetti's both of them Carlton and the kiosk ( Swanston St?)

Chin Chin looks good, might be a plan. We are staying at Mantra on the Park in Carlton.

Can i please butt in.
Please please please please visit Le Petit Gateau. :)
Get the amazing passionfruit brownie gateau.

Someone was raging to me about the kebabs in Hallam car wash, went there last week, there were plenty of kids hanging outside with their modified cars.

Then comes the mix Kebab, after first bite, straight into the trash.

Try George Calombaris' new kebab joint in Fitzroy. Lovely stuff.

And more to life than restaurants.

In saying that, Im impressed by Melbourne and will be revisiting this time next year, hopefully for 3 months, house sitting.

Will finally tick a few bucket list items off in that time.

Bloody City-opics.

Christ; is anyone from outside the CBD in any State on this site anymore?

Pleeeese let me hear form a nurse in Narre Warren, or a Teacher in Blacktown, a Cop in Narrabri; someone.....

Thank god for TC out on the farm.

Whinge over; back to the topic of restaurants - not only in the CBD..

Try Sharma's All Star Bar Indian Restaurant in Rosebud.

Have you been to Dee's Kitchen in Dromana? Haven't been myself but I've heard it seriously good.

Can i please butt in.
Please please please please visit Le Petit Gateau. :)
Get the amazing passionfruit brownie gateau.

Yep...they had me at the carrot cake based cheesecake :D Definately a go-er thanks http://www.lepetitgateau.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/Le+Petit+Gateau/menu

Lux Bite...hmm great menu, but i think I will get lost :( Le Petit gateau i am pretty sure I can manage to get there :)

I am toying up Adrian Richardson's La Luna too, (Lonsdale st??) or just fighting my way through the Italian in Lonsdale St

Can't wait.

Quite sure we will find some great places in contry Vic as well. Hubby has a couple in his favourites on the ipad :)

Have you been to Dee's Kitchen in Dromana? Haven't been myself but I've heard it seriously good.
It is about 10metres from us across the alley behind our workshop property.

They are our customers in the workshop too. Put a new tyre on Dee's Audi just this Monday.

Great restaurant/cafe, and they are doing well.

We are slowly but surely creeping up to a Sorrento type level of sophistication in sleepy old Dromana; with the cafes. (now; if we can just get rid of the "car wreck laden front yard" element from the town...)

Also try Two Buoys, L'Aqua and Jett Cafe.

Last edited:
It is about 10metres from us across the alley behind our workshop property.

They are our customers in the workshop too. Put a new tyre on Dee's Audi just this Monday.

Great restaurant/cafe, and they are doing well.

We are slowly but surely creeping up to a Sorrento type level of sophistication in sleepy old Dromana; with the cafes. (now; if we can just get rid of the "car wreck laden front yard" element from the town...)

Also try Two Buoys, L'Aqua and Jett Cafe.

Great stuff, thanks will keep them in mind.

Unfortunately time is the only thing that can rid you of the "car wreck laden front yard" type but it will happen eventually!

MTR,
Perth is feeling very "Melbourne" of late..... if you havt already check out places like print hall and the underground bar at the base of the bhp building.... also wolf lane in perth and the Mechanics institute for a bar in north Perth... Gordon street garage in west Perth....the imp in vic park..... i could keep going..... only thing is you pay top $ unlike Melbourne town..... never know.... all this increased competition might dive prices down!!!

Melb has nailed it for me, that's it I am buying a 1 bedder for my "love in" food escapes, who cares about property when you have Chin Chin and Gazi. Unfortunately can not book Chin Chin and I am told some people wait 2 hours to get in, we got there at 4.30 pm, no wait time.

Apparently over 4000 restaurants in Melb Chin Chin is ranked 11.
The cuisine is out of this world, we ordered "Feed Me", the platters just keep coming out and just when you think it could not get any better, they raise the bar again.

Here is a great meme about eating in Melbourne (Chin Chin gets a mention) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnPFL5OwacA
Funny because so much is true.

Back