Melbourne Xmas 2009 Somersoft Meeting - 2nd Dec

I so wanted to go to this one! it's in a good spot for me to get to too, but unfortunately it's not going to work out with the kids. Nevermind, maybe the next one... :(

Aw thats so sweet that you've posted that. Very thoughtful, thankyou. However the problem remains as they are 5 (nearly) and 3 and bedtime is usually around the 7.30pm. I'm not a super strict parent with bedtime but next week is a BIG week for them with various things ie. parties, picnics, kinder etc etc. But THANKYOU!

Hope Lil Skater enjoys the playground... :D

Aw thats so sweet that you've posted that. Very thoughtful, thankyou. However the problem remains as they are 5 (nearly) and 3 and bedtime is usually around the 7.30pm. I'm not a super strict parent with bedtime but next week is a BIG week for them with various things ie. parties, picnics, kinder etc etc. But THANKYOU!

Hope Lil Skater enjoys the playground... :D

Yeah, me too (even though mine are a couple of years older). Close, but not quite a cigar, wth the next couple of weeks coming up. It's just mad.
Maybe next year we'll actually have an IP (or two. Sshh, don't tell the new bank just yet), and we won't feel such frauds.
In the mean time, have a fine time y'all, and don't push the other kids off the slippery dip Lil Skater!:D

Hi Y-man

Mike and I will be there ... last time we were at the Moreland we had just dropped No: 2 Son at Tullamarine on his way (Business Class) to Europe for a few weeks.

This time, we will eat first, and go and collect Daughter at Tullamarine from a week in Tasmania.

Hmmm. He flew Emirates and got to eat his dinner from china plates - and stayed in Youth Hostels and had a great time.

She flew Tiger (no dinner - but then again, her ticket did cost only $4!) and is also staying in Youth Hostels - and also having a great time.

Ah! These property investing children!

Start young, start right!

Being a landlord certainly puts hair on your chest and has never got in the way of these children doing anything - but in the meantime, while they're off jetting about, their properties are just ticking over, minding their own business, just getting on with it.

Great stuff, this property investing!

See you on Wednesday!

Cheers
Kristine

Great to catch up last night with those that attended. Thanks, as always, for arranging Y-man

T'was a little disappointing that Lil Skater was not suitably attired by way of shoes to have a play on the playground :p

Nor were there any skates to be seen. The venue provided numerous degrees of difficulty for skill honing with tables and chairs to dodge, Roman columns and other such obstacles :eek:

Nice to have met you Sam

Great to catch up last night with those that attended. Thanks, as always, for arranging Y-man

Seconded. Great to catch up with those who could make it.

And great to hear a little more about Belu's recent sales, too. Two purchases, two value-adds, two sales; two pretty good profits. Kinda like in the Cashflow game where you buy the cheap properties to start off with and sell them when the right market cards come up.

Must be nearly time to use that cash to get into some bigger deals, hey mate? :D

Digging.........

So when are you digging the tunnel? :D

Cheers,

The Y-man

** dons overalls and picks up shovel ** :p

I think we will need to engage Prof Eddington so he can do some research and a feasibility...........St. Kilda junction to the Tulla freeway (via the Moreland Hotel) would be good with several key exits along the way ;)

Once the report is complete then our state govt can only complete half the job (like the Footscray to Domain rail link not continuing to Caulfield).......that means it would be from St.K junction to say Alexandra Ave where the real drama begins........another exit there would be good:rolleyes: for traffic flow (not)

T'was a little disappointing that Lil Skater was not suitably attired by way of shoes to have a play on the playground :p

Nor were there any skates to be seen. The venue provided numerous degrees of difficulty for skill honing with tables and chairs to dodge, Roman columns and other such obstacles :eek:

Nice to have met you Sam

Haha, sorry, i'll have to bring them along next time..
It was great to meet you too even if i've replied late! :)

Hi all,

Sorry to bump an old thread - just wondering when the next Melbourne meeting is likely to be?

Regards,
Steve.

No, Sai, it changes. Stay tuned and they will post where and when.

I vote another child-friendly spot preferably for a lingering lunch (so the kids can be home in bed by 7.30pm). :D

Back