Melton Vic.

Hi, thinking about purchasing my 1st IP in Melton and am after a good PM.. Can anyone please recommend someone?
Thanks,Ed

I use Barry Plant for Mine. Damian is the PM and he is very good. Previously they were very poor but like all thing it is the person not the Company and whilst ever Damian is there I feel confident to recommend. I think we pay 5.5%.

Peter

Yep...agreed mystery......frankly I was quite surprised to see very little under 200k....was expecting to see a lot for 190-200k....but looks like the days of the under 200k are going the way fo the Dodo!:p

I bought mine in Melton Sth for 155k in June 2007...now it looks like it is worth about 200k. No a bad profit in 2 years.....45K or 29% gain in value!

Wonder what the naysayers will say now!

Thanks for the info Kero,...... I believe this is all part of the $15 Billion Government development plan for the area ...... It is going to be a huge benefit to Melton township when complete.

The Melton council also wants to make Melton a major commercial centre to attract business and employment. A lot of good things in the planning for the next few years, ...... a lot of upside I believe.

I've noticed a big upward price push on property in recent months, ...... virtually nothing under $200k now and new listing coming on around $235k ......

Martin

As some of you know I own a place in Melton South.

I have looked on realestate.com.au and have noted that very little is under 200K....even in South Melton.

I would be very appreciative if someone on the ground in Melton and surrounds can give me their view of how they think Melton and surrounds are going.

I bought mine in Melton South for 155K in 2007.....nice 3x1 brick veneer place within wlaking distance of the station.

Have a similiar one by the sounds of it, bought in 2006 for $142K. Thinking of selling while the prices are up and FHB activity is still strong as i cant see this growth rate continuing for too long.

Melton

Hiya

Bought mine in Melton West for 235K late 2007; last week agent say she'll put it on the market for 270-280K if i want; i don't want but may top up loan with another as i have bought another ip recently.

cheers
BTW, rent is 260 pw.

Note quite....I am getting $215 in rent.....willl go to $225pw in 70 days.

So return is only 7.6% odd after rent increase.....but rate is fixed at 6.95%...would have been positive if it was at current rates.

thought the party hasn't even started... are your properties CF+?

Hi guys,

I bought mine for $195k in early 2008 (house and land), and I'm renting out at $290pw. It's a 3 bedroom.

Although it is a small house on a strata title, it is still a good investment i think.

Just wanna find out if the prices has gone up or not in Melton West.

Hi all,

I live near taylors lakes, and I worked in watergardens for a while. A lot of people, a year ago atleast, used to come down to watergardens from Melton, which to them was like a highpoint or chadstone. Also, what happens when/if the develop the land between taylors lakes and melton?

I'm looking at frankston at the moment, because it has a beach, schools, uni's and I felit's an established place, where people will live most of their lives. I think the younger people would move out of melton, through the fustration of not being close to anything major, ie big malls, city, concerts, beaches, etc.

My opinion.

Melton

Hi Lisport

Everything has its balance; i would also love to live near beaches, concerts, cafe strips, etc etc etc.....but at what price?????

$250 median in melton or somewhat; hey i could use the difference and holiday overseas every year in Thailand, Vietnam etc.

cheers

there's nothing like having a cuppa on a sunny winter saturday, enjoying the cool ocean breeze... enjoy that but at what price, as virgo mentioned.

some newspaper or news program mentioned, somewhere in queensland that a coastal area is banned from any construction due to erosion. if such a thing is happening, i suppose other coastal properties in other states may have the same exposure to erosion.

two cents

nicee!

that sounds like a great return! I bought mine up in Kurunjang for 220k end of last year and getting a return of $260/pw...nice land and 4 bdrm brick house....

Good job there!

Hi guys,

I bought mine for $195k in early 2008 (house and land), and I'm renting out at $290pw. It's a 3 bedroom.

Although it is a small house on a strata title, it is still a good investment i think.

Just wanna find out if the prices has gone up or not in Melton West.

Hi Melton inestors,
How is market arround melton these days? I checked realestate.com.au there are no much properties under 200k. Looks like price is moing up isnot it? Whats your yiew? or comment ? appreciated. I bought one last year 200k rents now 230pw. 17 year old 3bdr. 5 min walk to High st.

Melton West prices have gone up quite a lot in the past year. I got a house and land package at about 200,000 (slightly under) 1 year ago, now it's valued at $240k - 250k. Rental return for mine is $290 pw.

when the government is handing out 26k for grants youd expect a price rise...

an extra 10-15k for a deposit, can have a big impact on new buyers borrowing capacity. combined with lower rates all makes sense for prices to rise as people put money together to buy into the market.

there is no doubting the lower end of market has performed well in the last 12 months.

If rates rise rapidly, it is most likley going to be these areas that will feel the pinch.

Melton I think its a great place to invest. Doing so myself.

Melton south

What do you guys think of Melton South though? I have read that Melton is going to be the next boom area but I'm more inclined to invest near the train station, which is at Melton South.

Also, I'm thinking of buying a house on at least 600sqm which is capable of being subdivided later on. Then build another house on 300sqm and sell off one. This will cut the mortgage down by years I think. There don't seem to be many houses for sale which is around 300m to the train station though. :(

Melton South is the older, higher density and least attractive part to Melton. It is lower socio-economic area and purportively higher crime, personal safety, poorer tenants. Lower rent.

Proximately to the station does not matter IMO because everyone in Melton has a car and if you lived next to Station then you would need a car to go shopping 5km away.

However, as in any area, a bargain is a bargain so the above is guide anyhow but I dont think it is like buying in say Redfern hoping it will come good into a Surry Hills.

FYI Peter

peter, when you say melton south, do you include brookfield? there seems to be plenty of development happening in the brookfield area. do you group brookfield with melton south?

i did some research on the new surburbs like arnolds creek, distance to the town center on High St and train station is a bit further than melton south or brookfield).

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Back