Mens Fashion Question

Hi everyone,

Hope you’re all doing well :D

Question for the Men out there, or maybe even the Woman also.

I am wanting to buy a pair of pants braces, yes, those old fashioned pieces of elastic that help hold your pants up.

You know the type that Huey where’s on his cooking show.

Does anyone know of any stores in Melbourne that sell these at a retail level?

Id like to go to a store and try some on before buying.

dblupman.jpg

Cheers

Mick

Collin$ $treet

Nothing wrong with a belt. :D

Do you know where braces are sold?

Cheers,

Mick

Try anything along Collins Street adjacent to Hyatt and Sofitel. Actually Henry Bucks at the Sofitel just off street level would have these.

Give them a call maybe and suss out prices. Expect to pay hand$omely there though. Maybe even ring Peter Jackson stores they may stock these.

Are you warming up for Wall Street 2 ? :D

Try a surf shop or alternative shop as well. Apparently they are cool to wear in Newcastle/Sydney. Usually they are left dangling though, not holding your pants up :S

I saw my boss recently in his weekend gear, wearing braces with his jeans AND a belt.

He can be a very pessimistic man...

Try Myer or DJ's, also I know in Canberra here alot of the mens designer and suit shops will stock them: Hugo Boss, Oxford, etc. You can get cheap suspenders from Kmart and Lowes - but they don't generally look as good.

Personally, I think it is all about 'how' you wear them. I have seen alot of people wear suspenders who make it look classy. And then there are those you have obviously no idea what they look like.

You were born in 1880, right? I can't imagine a 30yo wearing suspenders unless they are 200 kilos and need to keep their tent sized pants up :confused:

try bunnings - buy some truck ratchet straps and just cut them a bit shorter. the metal ratchet will be much stronger for that inevitable day when your mate dacks ya in the middle of a boardroom presentation

Suspenders came back into vogue in the 80's for a while. The stockbroker look. It was very Wall Street

Who knows, maybe they'll make a comeback

The local mens store in Quirindi sell braces. All the local older dirt bike riders are buying braces to hold up their riding pants. I've got a set. Those slippery pants are hard to keep up when riding hard in the dirt. It's a bit of a cool thing to have out this way.

The old bloke who owns the store probably has no idea why he sells so many.

See ya's.

Can tell you all aren't gen Y.
Oi, in this house we have 1x GenX, 1x GenY, 2x GenZ and 1x GenAlpha.

The genY has long hair, purple/black/pink clothes, high boots, black nail polish, assorted leather and ... no suspenders.

Young people of today ... strange bunch :p

Hi,
Whilst I dont want to pry what you need them for, they are not a good professional look, a good belt with well policshed shoes and a crisp shirt is the professional look

Back