Mentor - Dip of Fin. planning

Specifically -- What courses actually do prepare you well for involvement in the industry whether that be mortgage broking or financial advice. No use doing an expensive uni course when there are other courses which provide you with better training and take less time and cost less

Specifically -- What courses actually do prepare you well for involvement in the industry whether that be mortgage broking or financial advice. No use doing an expensive uni course when there are other courses which provide you with better training and take less time and cost less

There is no course that prepares people well for the industry, but there are minimum education requirements to be able to operate:
Mortgage broker = Cert IV in mortgage broking (might as well do the Diploma as this is becoming standard now).
Financial Planning = Diploma in Fin Planning (RG146 compliant course). You may have to do additional courses to advise on specific areas such as SMSF or margin lending etc.

Note that these courses don't enable you to advise as you must be licenced to do that. The courses are a step on the way to getting licenced.

And then once you are licenced you have to know what do advise customers and that is a whole new ball game. You will have to attend more courses and read and read.

I'm interested to know why would you advise Law of financial planning Terry ?

Also are law degrees able to be done online ?

I'm interested to know why would you advise Law of financial planning Terry ?

Also are law degrees able to be done online ?

Law is a profession and allows you to work in a wide range of areas - estate planning, SMSF, Finance, taxation etc are related to financial planning.

Yes, you could study law at several universities by online mode. You could also do the diploma of the LEC which is part of the University of Sydney but separate to the normal law degree. No attendence necessary I believe.

Back