Metro area - Which type of property are you planning on living into in 10 years?

Metro area only - Which type of property will you live into (PPOR) in 10 years time?

• 1 bed unit/apt

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 2 bed unit/apt

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • 3 bed unit/apt

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Townhouse

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Freehold house on an average block

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • House on a big block further out

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Inner city terrace type house

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Richard Feynman did not create this poll?!

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
Hi guys,

So here is another poll since it looks like it's the season :D

It would be great to hear some of the reasoning below! (downsizing, upsizing, moving closer to transports and restaurants, retreating further out etc.).

I have kept it to metro areas only to get more consistancy between participants.

Cheers all :)

That last option is tempting! I think sometime back someone did create a similar poll. A detached house which covers 25% or less of the land would be fine to us.

In the same PPOR we have now.

I wouldn't say it's a dream home - but there's not much more I would want right now, especially in Canberra.

It's close to the city, has a decent size yard for the kids and is a 10 minute walk to the office.

Cheers

Jamie

Hope to move further out. Sydney's north west rail link will destroy the quality of living in the area so will be time go when it opens.

I'd like to be back near the coast in a nice family home and sell our current home to someone else for them to enjoy the great Australian dream of a big house on a big block in the burbs.

We will downsize to a smaller say 3 bed place, not too far from where we are now and will spend a great bit of our time at our 2 bed with nice huge deck Lake Macq home, 600 metres from the water on the Morisset peninsula.

Quit stealing my thunder!

Probably up from current 1 bed into 2 bed apartment. Though I might stick with a 1 bed, with a more efficient floorplan and extra storage.

Where to go?

Hiya

In 10 years time, i will still be living at my present house; either in the front house (big 5 bedder) or in the 1 bedder granny flat at the back ...all depends on how much the kids will need our help at that point in time:p

BTW, a wise man once told me that if at point of retirement, your house value is more than the rest of your financial assets, you will know you are having "too much house":D ie you may need to rebalance your asset allocation...broadly speaking of course...

Dream: Downsizing to an average size house with a big garage on an acre block in outer surbubs and split time bw. the house and a beach shack.

Back