Metropole Property Strategists

You're right Jacque

We've chosen NOT to be members of REBAA for a number of reasons, in fact most buyers agents are NOT members of REBAA - you're in the minority.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

However we're foundation members of PIPA as well as members of REIV, REINSW and REIQ

We're licensed in all 3 states and the largest buyers agent in each state on a number of measures.

We have a long, long track record and our hearts are in the right place.

Having said that you have an excellent track record and a great reputation Jaque- it's great to have so many professional buyers agents in the market place today - that's very different to 14 years ago when we set up our service.

Have you checked out the Victorian REBAA members? Metropole are not members. http://rebaa.com.au/members/vic/

You're right Jacque

We've chosen NOT to be members of REBAA for a number of reasons, in fact most buyers agents are NOT members of REBAA - you're in the minority.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

However we're foundation members of PIPA

What are the reasons for not being a member of REBAA, can you be a member
of both groups?

How long has PIPA been in existance and how many members?

What are the reasons for not being a member of REBAA, can you be a member
of both groups?

How long has PIPA been in existance and how many members?

Yes you can be a member of both

PIPA http://pipa.asn.au/ is Australia's Peak Association for Property Investment Professionals - more than just a group of buyer's agents - it has lobbied government to bring regulation into the property investment industry.

We're foundation members - started around 2007 I think.

We were members of REBAA, but saw no benefit for us - for example REBAA has 8 members in Victoria, the buyers agents chapters of the REIV has close to 100

Hi have a huge amount of respect for the work Jacque has done with REBAA. It's great to see a dedicated group working to improve their industry from within and it definitely gives me comfort when working with a BA who's a member. I'll recommend Jacque's services to anyone, as well as several other REBAA members.

This doesn't automatically make a non-member a bad BA however. Several of those who I regularly work with and recommend are not members. They've investigated membership, decided it wasn't adding value to their own business and took another path.

I can explain to people exactly why I recommend a particular BA based on personal experiences of both myself and mutual clients. If I'm talking to a REBAA member I know there's a bunch of things I don't need to worry about, but before I really get comfortable I still discuss other topics that have nothing to do with memberships.

How many borrowers as a broker if they a member of the MFAA? In my case it's less than 1% of clients.

Back