Michael Yardney Perth May 1st ? Anyone Gong ?

What could Mr Yardney possibly tell us (people who live here) that we dont already know?

Id rather listen to Dazz Ausprop and BlueCard then him. These guys know more about Perth Prop in there little finger then this guy in total.

Im pretty sure i know how itll go. My guess is hel rant figures from melb then try invert them with perths.

Perth is rising gently overall so the jist will be to catch the winds that will let investors set sail on some percieved high growth. I say percieved because i know hel constantly shoe horn melbourne figures against Perths.

He wont need to say anything also. He would just have to show you corresponding graphs and let you make up your own mind which would alleviate him from needing to say anything.

People already know the answers for perth but feel they need Michael to ratify there convictions. I mean thats why we see pros isnt it?.... To confirm our fears/beliefs

Michaels a smart man no doubt. Smarter then me thats for sure. But there are more smarts here. And its kindly free

Please keep us posted on what M Yardney has to say about the Perth market. Thanks

Cheers, MTR

Hi

Here are the main points Michael made about Perth and WA. :)

- The East Coast is 18 months ahead of WA in the property cycle

- Investors are not all starting to rush to buy in Perth yet

- In relation to the economic clock where 12 o'clock is Boom & 6 o'clock is Bust
WA is in the bottom of the cycle at 7 or 8 o'clock. VIC is at 12 o'clock.

- WA... more demand than supply

- Great time in the cycle in WA

Whats ahead

- Price Growth will slow on the east coast to 8%

- Price Growth in WA will be 8%

- Rents will rise this year

- Perth Rental Vacancies rates increase further but should improve over next year though.

- IR rises are a good thing. Property Values go up when inflation rises.

- He recommends re-financing now because it will be harder in 9 months time. Things might change over 18-24 months so might be harder to refinance.

- Cycles are getting shorter than the 7 - 10 years

- Perth is starting to come out of it. It is a bit behind the east coast

- Postcodes 6000 - 6010 - 70% LVR Restrictions. It depends though on the type of property you put up as security as to how much banks will lend you.

- Its starting to become the right time to invest in WA

- Perth ? Is the worst over ? Yes!!

- Last years growth in Perth Units 7.5%

- Perth is turning

- It is time to start considering Perth but he thinks that the east coast will do better over the next year. Melbourne still has a bit more growth!

- Building approvals in WA remain weak.

- Perth... Where to Buy
Near city
North West (between the beach & freeway)
Small scale subdivsion up to 10 km north east of city

Victoria Park
East Vic Park
Kensington
Mount Hawthorn
North Perth
Leederville
Mount Lawley
Joondalup
Kalaroo
Heathridge

Sydney is booming

Melbourne - it is not too late to buy in Melbourne!

Brisbane - Is poised for growth like Perth is

Perth - A bit behind but will be coming around

Perth and WA was mentioned quite a lot throughout his talk as a good place to invest unlike 2 years ago where Melbourne was favoured and he was recommending the east coast heavily. Actually this time Melbourne and Sydney and even Brisbane wern't talked about much as THE place to invest.

Perth was talked about a lot which is a good sign. (and it wasnt just because it was a Perth meeting) I think he can see Perth is becoming a good place to invest again. He can see things turning. It was interesting to see the shift in his thinking compared to 2 years ago.

Did anyone else go today to the seminar? Is that how you viewed it too? Thats what I took away from it. I felt good... in that Perth's future is looking really good.

I will be happy to invest in Perth in 1 years time as planned.

Ok so there you go. There the bits I wanted to talk about on here.

ps Michael... i enjoyed the day thanks :)

My sister in law went. It's her 3rd Metropole seminar. She also uses them as a buyers agent. She told me pretty much the same thing. We went to a Metropole seminar about 3 years ago together. She went to another after that last year which was pretty much the same information / education on 'where' to buy (ie close to CBD), not so much what state. Apparently this time there were more details in that regard for where the next best growth will be.

She also enjoyed the day.

(and it wasnt just because it was a Perth meeting)

Not so sorry. His speaches are adjusted accordingly. Which make sense really. It would be silly to talk about African IP's to Russians im sure you would agree.

I believe he told you what you wanted to hear...Kind of like Real Estate Agents when they want your listings.

My understanding is that Michael has and will always be predominately a bull. He became a bear after the fact(GFC) and returned a bull before the fact.

Ive got both his books and i like them both. He may also be right. But i do agree. His speaches are very predictable.

How about Mr Naylor? any good?

Reece

Here's a similar thread with feedback from a 2006 MY seminar Link

Much fun to look at the past. Interesting how people thought about what we now call the future. Lookin at that IMO, Mr Yardney sure dont look so smart. Then again so dont alot of others from many 2006 SS posts.

Whatever happened to all those past SS members... Did the GFC kill them off i wonder?? A shame

Again love the blokes books. But his predictions suck. While im at it so do Steve Mcknights. I do his RESULTS program and the guys a genius. But he is much like MY. Like us...he can only guess at best.

Not so sorry. His speaches are adjusted accordingly. Which make sense really. It would be silly to talk about African IP's to Russians im sure you would agree.

I believe he told you what you wanted to hear...Kind of like Real Estate Agents when they want your listings.

Reece

nope i dont agree with you!

were you even there yesterday?

were you there 2 years ago?

Re-read this comment of mine below!

Perth and WA was mentioned quite a lot throughout his talk as a good place to invest unlike 2 years ago where Melbourne was favoured and he was recommending the east coast heavily. Actually this time Melbourne and Sydney and even Brisbane wern't talked about much as THE place to invest.

Hi

Here are the main points Michael made about Perth and WA. :)

- Investors are not all starting to rush to buy in Perth yet

- In relation to the economic clock where 12 o'clock is Boom & 6 o'clock is Bust
WA is in the bottom of the cycle at 7 or 8 o'clock. VIC is at 12 o'clock.

- WA... more demand than supply

- Great time in the cycle in WA

Whats ahead

- Price Growth will slow on the east coast to 8%

- Price Growth in WA will be 8%

- Rents will rise this year

- Perth Rental Vacancies rates increase further but should improve over next year though.

- IR rises are a good thing. Property Values go up when inflation rises.

- He recommends re-financing now because it will be harder in 9 months time. Things might change over 18-24 months so might be harder to refinance.

- Cycles are getting shorter than the 7 - 10 years

- Postcodes 6000 - 6010 - 70% LVR Restrictions. It depends though on the type of property you put up as security as to how much banks will lend you.

- Its starting to become the right time to invest in WA

- Perth ? Is the worst over ? Yes!!

- Last years growth in Perth Units 7.5%

- Perth is turning

- It is time to start considering Perth but he thinks that the east coast will do better over the next year. Melbourne still has a bit more growth!

- Building approvals in WA remain weak.

- Perth... Where to Buy
Near city
North West (between the beach & freeway)
Small scale subdivsion up to 10 km north east of city

Victoria Park
East Vic Park
Kensington
Mount Hawthorn
North Perth
Leederville
Mount Lawley
Joondalup
Kalaroo
Heathridge

Sydney is booming

Melbourne - it is not too late to buy in Melbourne!

Brisbane - Is poised for growth like Perth is

Perth - A bit behind but will be coming around

Perth was talked about a lot which is a good sign. (and it wasnt just because it was a Perth meeting) I think he can see Perth is becoming a good place to invest again. He can see things turning. It was interesting to see the shift in his thinking compared to 2 years ago.

Did anyone else go today to the seminar? Is that how you viewed it too? Thats what I took away from it. I felt good... in that Perth's future is looking really good.

I will be happy to invest in Perth in 1 years time as planned.

Ok so there you go. There the bits I wanted to talk about on here.

ps Michael... i enjoyed the day thanks :)

Hi Alex
thanks for the overview.

So he is saying that it is a good time to buy in Perth as he predicts the market will take off in about 18 months with Brissy in similar scenario and recommending mainly inner city properties, I am assuming units?
Could not afford to hold too many houses in these areas, especially with poor yields. It does make sense that inner city will take off first and I believe some of the areas he has mentioned are undervalued, compared to what some will say, Subi, Sth Perth, West Leederville to mention a few, check out medians.

Interesting, he recommends small developments north-east Perth, some areas that come to mind - Westminster and Balga, currently there is a shortage of development stock, this has definately started to move I would say back to prices in 2006. I have been watching this market closely as I am currently looking at developing in Westminster.

I agree with his comments regarding Syd currently booming (most growth at the moment is inner city but ripple is starting to happen), central coast has started to move.

I too believe it is not too late to buy in Melb but you would need to know what and where to buy if you jumped into this market now.

Don't like what he has to say regarding finance, I fear he may be right and it will get harder. Just what I need.

For the die hard Perth investors I still would not want to miss out on double digit growth in Syd or Melb, jump back into the Perth market prior to 18 months and if MY is right will also capture growth in Perth.

Thanks for the info and taking the time to post.

Cheers, MTR

- WA is in the bottom of the cycle at 7 or 8 o'clock. VIC is at 12 o'clock.

- It is time to start considering Perth but he thinks that the east coast will do better over the next year.

- Perth - A bit behind

I didn't quite get the gist of it.....is he saying Perth and WA is behind ?? :)

Of course, one could argue that Perth was booming in late 2006, early 2007 and it has taken Melbourne 3 years to catch up. Maybe we are 8 hours in front of Melbourne, and they will be where we are in 2013. Hard to tell on a circular track....

Looking at the medians though, Melbourne still has a long way to catch up, in almost all quartiles.....but I'd hate to rain on MY's parade.

It's funny, when you listen to TIC researchers, they are all over Brissy and Perth, and generally don't touch Melbourne with a barge pole. TIC is slightly larger than Metropole, but isn't based there. I guess it depends strongly on where the head duck sits.

Was reading a pamphlet from MY this morning, and he says not to place any weight or emphasis on "Guruology" at all. So I took his advice and therefore don't listen to him.

Was reading a pamphlet from MY this morning, and he says not to place any weight or emphasis on "Guruology" at all. So I took his advice and therefore don't listen to him.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you got that one off your chest.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
nope i dont agree with you!

were you even there yesterday?

were you there 2 years ago?

Re-read this comment of mine below!

Nope. But the wifey was. So was her father/ mother and little brother. You mightve seen them. little brother had a pink streak in his hair hard to miss. Best mate went to his last pres in WA and one prior in melbourne and Syd....
They give me whats refered to as the meat of the deal.

Next year i think ill try presenting:rolleyes: maybe then ill be qualified to have an Opinion

Well he did ok 2 years ago predicting melbourne to boom :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: You see that comment i made about michael being a bull? well you see... being a bull means ya have rose tinted glasses and your opinion heavily favours growth. aka you talk about it alot.

Mr Yardney didnt predict anything sorry. He was simply being a bull. Which means....yup hes gotten past predictions wrong for the same reason. People say alot of things Kim5. Its called a spread. You cover all bases by saying alot to different people and If your wrong you simply dail up and quote something you said in the past that now represents anything you say in the present.

Pollies are amazing at this.

the ol "yes i did have those concerns but as you know i did mention blah blah to highlight my real beliefs" switcharoo.

I dont think so.....only qualified once you attain level 4 investor status - have you?

:D ...on a serious note. Would you do something like this rixter. Honestly id pay MY's fee and then some to hear yourself and few others here give there opinion in a public domain.

Its great to be on SS and all but chewing the fat in that setting, id certainly open the wallet for. I promise to bring an open mind:p

Was a good day...picked up a few new things. Michaels after lunch session was extremely good. Something that resonates big time for anyone wanting to achieve wealth / success.

I was surprised tho when Ken asked the attendees who had more than 6 properties - I noted a lack of hands in the air. I know the statistics suggest the number of investors with multiple properties drops right off after 5 but I was expecting more hands to go up.

Must have been a larger proportion of newbies in attendance. Either that or we had a modest crowd.

The feedback is great regardless whether you follow MY strategy or not..... as they say "you can always learn something from someone".

Sorry, off topic a little but still about seminars.....
The best seminar I ever attended was one conducted by Dymphia Boholt about 12 months ago I was given a gift I think it was worth $500 and I almost did not go. Anyway this changed the way I think and how I invest.

My g/f is in her mentoring program with her partner, wait for this, the cost $25K:eek: I have to say though she is doing things right outside the square and many doors have opened due to networking with sophisticated investors.

She has reduced her business hours by 50% and the way she is proceeding I imagine she will be a full-time investor replacing her income within 6 months time. $25K is peanuts compared to what she is getting out of it.

Cheers, MTR

Last edited:
The best seminar I ever attended was one conducted by Dymphia Boholt about 12 months ago I was given a gift I think it was worth $500 and I almost did not go. Anyway this changed the way I think and how I invest.

Yes, it was off topic, but it's off your chest now. :rolleyes:

For someone who is not interested in MY you seem to be very interested in this thread. You are a funny one.........:p

Cheers, MTR

Back