Michael Yardney reset workshop/presentation

Hi there,

Couldn't attend last Saturday's seminar. Was wondering is someone that attended could provide a summary of the main ideas discussed during the presentation.

Thank you,
James

I agree with Rob
Don't spoil it for others.

I am happy to share my thoughts on this forum after next weekend which will be the last of the round of seminars.
That's fair isn't it?:confused:

just paid my airfares and accomodation to attend - turning out to be a rather expensive weekend ... the seminar is really cheap in comparison ... but i'm sure it'll be worth every cent.

i just have to work out how i can do the next deal (max borrowing atm) and it will have more than paid for itself.

Hey Michael, sorry I went into stealth mode when you asked if I was "in the house".
I don't function so well when I'm in the public space. Working on that, but it takes time.
Xenia called me a chicken. She's right, as always :)
At least we know what the X Factors are now!

Hey Rob,

Great. Now c'mon and share the x (???) with those of us who couldn't be there!

Just re read, you didn't go all shy did ya? That's not the way to impress the ladies! ;)

Jodie

Just re read, you didn't go all shy did ya? That's not the way to impress the ladies! ;)
Jodie

Nothing I do these days seems to impress "The Ladies". I'd just about given up hope until Ed Chan did give me a glimmer of hope when he talked about relationship circumstances changing. Sure, he was talking about trust vehicles, but I'll take what I can get, right now.
I won's steal Michael's thunder. He did promise to share on the forum once this round of seminars was over.

i did keep an eye out for you rob, but didn't recognise. i did meet xenia, which was great. wow - what a pocket dynamo - how did the auction go xenia?

anyhow, i'm going to spend some time typing up my copious pages of notes - may not get finished until tomorrow. if it's okay with michael ... people can pm me their email address and i'll send them as an attachment. remember, they are only my take on what was said, but i got a huge amount out of the day and highly recommend the seminar to anyone who gets a chance to go.

i have to type the notes up because that's the only way i can get across to hubby what i learnt on the weekend - trying to tell him and his eyes glaze over. that might be partly my fault as i tend to "convolute" when getting to a point.

i was very impressed with michael - he was approachable, didn't mind chatting and sharing and answering questions during breaks and afterwards (even if it meant he missed out on coffee!). he didn't suffer fools or know-it-alls - that earned extra points! a very packed but sensible and easy to understand day.

p.s. i'm also undertaking the 15 month mentoring program to help settle and direct my mindset. will let you know how it goes.

Hey Rob,

Great. Now c'mon and share the x (???) with those of us who couldn't be there!

Jodie

I'm taking a couple of days off and will then sit down and make some notes on the possible X factors then share them

to all those that have asked for notes - michael has given his okay to email them to you.

i am still typing, so hope to get them to everyone tomorrow (tues) as had to spend today playing stockmarket, grocery shopping, cleaning house (how can one husband and one 5yr old make sooooo much mess in one day?), dog washing etc.

all typed and sent to those who emailed (gasp - me and my big mouth!).

some asked for the notes but didn't send their email address - so i've replied to you guys via pm. plse send me the email address so i can send notes to you.

if anyone spots any calculation errors, please let us know. i was frantically scribbling and sometimes missed some of the actual figures in the calcs so had to try and work back to them.

there are still things in the notes that i would like to have answered - such as how does michael define "city" rather than regional. is a city somewhere like newcastle (pop 250,000) and sunshine coast, or does it just mean "major city" such a brisbane/sydney/melbourne central?

i suppose that is part of the advantage of signing up his mentor program - he will be mine to grill for the next 15 months!! hehe :D

lizzie

There are no 'secrets' in property investing (X factors). Michael is a marketer first and a property guy second these days. He would probably admit as much himself.

Lizzie, you don't know that guys background. He could have off loaded his 20 properties and had one left.

His one property could be a commercial in Sydney CBD worth millions.

You just don't know and i think its bad form to judge him until you do. In fact its bad form period.

Besides, not everyone needs so called 'gurus' to get wealthy in property. In fact only a very, very small percentage think they do.

Lizzie, you don't know that guys background. He could have off loaded his 20 properties and had one left.

His one property could be a commercial in Sydney CBD worth millions.

true - but that was definately not the impression he gave. (refer trump/chump thread)

he gave the impression of a "know it all" and cocksure attitude, combined with the fact that all the info in the first session "was" getting back to basics, i will stand by my thoughts.

i might be entirely wrong - but i thought it was a good example of thinking you have nothing to learn from someone, so closing yourself to the opportunity of learning anything from them - whether it be michael yardney, donald trump or one of the mums down at ballet classes having a chat about property.

i have had some moments where i really regret not just "shutting my mouth and listening to what they had to say" - even recently when i bumped into a local state member at a luncheon when discussing one on one infrastructure changes being discussed in government. another was years ago at a writing semiar where a huge overseas publisher sat down with myself and a friend at lunch, yet we excused ourselves and left to go to a session - man - in hindsight we should've said "bugger the session on plot, lets spend and hour or so with this bigwig editor".

true - but that was definately not the impression he gave. (refer trump/chump thread)

he gave the impression of a "know it all" and cocksure attitude, combined with the fact that all the info in the first session "was" getting back to basics, i will stand by my thoughts.

i might be entirely wrong - but i thought it was a good example of thinking you have nothing to learn from someone, so closing yourself to the opportunity of learning anything from them - whether it be michael yardney, donald trump or one of the mums down at ballet classes having a chat about property.

i have had some moments where i really regret not just "shutting my mouth and listening to what they had to say" - even recently when i bumped into a local state member at a luncheon when discussing one on one infrastructure changes being discussed in government. another was years ago at a writing semiar where a huge overseas publisher sat down with myself and a friend at lunch, yet we excused ourselves and left to go to a session - man - in hindsight we should've said "bugger the session on plot, lets spend and hour or so with this bigwig editor".

Haven't done MY coaching program but, knowing him I expect it to be value for money. I lost the count of the thousand of $ I have spent in formal and "informal" education but, I can say I have no regreats and I'm glad I did it. Going back to the original point, the fundamentals and common sense for whealth creation are as old as human history is thus, I don't expect MY to uncover any mythical secret lost Babylon or during the crusades. What I expect though is for him to provide a different point of view that perhaps you haven't consider yet, or to inspire you to try some new technique or approach, or to introduce you to a network of like minded people, etc. Whatever you spent in his mentoring program will contribute to Australia's GDP (all positive) and will come back to you affected by the multiplier.

Thanks again for the notes,
James.

Back