Michael Yardney Sydney Event Sat (15 Mar 14)

Can you please report any interesting things said at the event?
I expect few standard lines.
- You need to have a 'team' -> come to us
- There are opportunities but not everywhere. Market within market. You have to know where they are-> Come to us
- It is going to be a mother of all boom but I have some concerns. You want to be safe? -> come to us
- Buy a property closer to CBD. Don't touch regional.

Last edited:
do you work for his company?..

Haha... good joke :eek:

Lets say.. I know my 'way around' on the internet.

In fact, I'm looking for a job now (data modelling). I never thought of getting a job in property industry though. I guess it would be too much conflict of interest.

Haha... good joke :eek:

Lets say.. I know my 'way around' on the internet.

That's good to know,so do a simple search yourself if you know the in's and out of the internet,,nothing is free in life I taught that too my daughters from day one,or would you lend both your eyes at night to someone since you don't need them at night to dream,Real Estate people like that line when they turn up at the front door,,

Yep.. I have only 3 kids under 6.

If I had so many young kids I'd prefer to spend time with them instead of seeing a spruiker. Your post #5 also indicates you already know what to expect so you should know free does not = good.

nothing is free in life
Absolutely... the price here is the 'time' as dex pointed out.

So far, I have been to seminars run by
- John Fitzgerald (back in 2007)
- Dymphna Boholt (sp?)
- Margaret Lomas
- MY and
- Property Expos

Didn't pay anything but I don't regret going to any of them. I learn something new every time.

I have been to free seminars as well. Don't regret spending that time. Always learn something or at least know what to avoid (e.g. the same people who conduct these events :D).

To be fair to MY, I remember going to one of his seminar in 2007 or thereabouts and he said Sydney will have the mother of all property booms in 2013 ... and he was right !

To be fair to MY, I remember going to one of his seminar in 2007 or thereabouts and he said Sydney will have the mother of all property booms in 2013 ... and he was right !

Do you really think it is the mother of all booms? I didn't think it ranked against the 2000 boom.

I went to Stuart Zadel's Property entrepeneur conference last weekend. The speakrs were interesting I thought. I learnt a few things and I got the push I needed to get me going again. Plus sitting for 2 days was easier than the renovating that I was avoiding.:D And I got some free books and DVD's.

I've booked in for the free The Secrets of the Millionaire Mind. Really looking forward to that. The book is fantastic.

Back