Michael Yardney's Mindset Mentorship Program

... Or if such mentoring can produce an income far in excess of what you spend, then it's money well spent.

I once spent $3K on an investment course, with Peter Spann. It introduced me to property investing. It's probably been worth well in excess of $1M (and growing)

This is one key way to look at education expenses. The other is to say no to upfront fees and use free/cheap resources like this forum, the many books mentioned in this thread and the info resources section and learn more independently.

You can get there either way.

Both views are valid.

The main thing is to start.

The next main thing is not to stop once you have started.

Just

Keep

Learning

And

Doing

This is one key way to look at education expenses. The other is to say no to upfront fees and use free/cheap resources like this forum, the many books mentioned in this thread and the info resources section and learn more independently.

You can get there either way.

Both views are valid.

The main thing is to start.

The next main thing is not to stop once you have started.

Just

Keep

Learning

And

Doing
It can be a combination.

I discovered this forum as a result of a search for Peter Spann when I was doing my due diligence.

I learnt from Peter, from this forum, and from books.

I got the mindset and motivation from Peter. That's what got me moving.

Great points, thanks for the encouragement knightm.

MTR, I went to the a recent property update seminar and the strategy is still leveraging the equity. However, Michael is now suggesting re-balancing the portfolio to include more commercial property with greater yields as one gets closer to needing the income. His strategy is still buying residential property in the blue chip middle ring suburbs during the asset accumulation stage in investing career and adding value through renovations or development.

Similarly to knightm, I'd be interested in people's experience with buyer agent services. I'm thinking of it as adding confidence in a purchase and buying well being far away from capital cities.

A friend of mine that recently purchased through Metropole said that the fee was around 2.75% of the purchase price which would be about $14,000 on a $500,000 property. The downside is while this may be a safeguard from making mistakes, it might not be as good a learning experience as making my own way with it.

So the strategy is blue chip mixed with commercial this is really nothing outside the square, you don't need to pay xxxx this is not rocket science you can do this yourself. Blue chip is a no brainer, just throw a dart at anything within 3-5 km from city. I think with the accumulating phase that he mentions it would be a good idea to buy in rising markets, otherwise you could get stuck holding negatively geared properties that will hurt. I don't know what markets he is targeting?? Syd, Bris, Melb would be good as they are rising markets and you would be spreading your eggs around.

Last edited:
Back