Mildura anyone

Would like to hear how you go with managers, and how quick you get a tenant etc.

What are the drivers for the town, what new projects are in the line.

I have never had a vacancy in Mildura, always had people linning up to move in weeks before the old one moves out. I cant recommend a property manager though, the ones I have used are lazy incompetent and let tennats do things they shouldn't such has have pets , modify the property and charge for silly unnecessary maintanece requests. Real estate agents don't understand what and where people will pay a premium for. I found it much better to manage my own properties I get much higher rents better tenants and less hassles, many of my tenants are first time renters without any rental history or references when they move on I have never been asked for a reference by their new property manager. The managers I had before would say they don't need to advertise the property as they already know who is looking for a place to rent. Gordon Agencies are not good but if you can tolerate the agent they may be good to buy from if you don't let them push you around and stand firm, but they are very unprofessional.

I think Damien Potaro from Barry White is a good salesman and is just OK, but I find the photos on the Barry White site are touched up and the properties are disappointing when you see them. The ones he showed me weren't not quite as good as what he talked them up to be.

I won't disagree that Barry White know how to "market" themselves compared to the other REA's in the area.

Have not settled in my property yet in Mildura so unable to comment on Rental Market but definitely will in time to come.

I have never had a vacancy in Mildura, always had people linning up to move in weeks before the old one moves out. I cant recommend a property manager though, the ones I have used are lazy incompetent and let tennats do things they shouldn't such has have pets , modify the property and charge for silly unnecessary maintanece requests. Real estate agents don't understand what and where people will pay a premium for. I found it much better to manage my own properties I get much higher rents better tenants and less hassles, many of my tenants are first time renters without any rental history or references when they move on I have never been asked for a reference by their new property manager. The managers I had before would say they don't need to advertise the property as they already know who is looking for a place to rent. Gordon Agencies are not good but if you can tolerate the agent they may be good to buy from if you don't let them push you around and stand firm, but they are very unprofessional.

HAHA. I 100% agree with this. Gordon's are not good in general. I find Tim Davey from Collie & Tierney to be the best, Damien Portaro is also quite good.
Barry Plant are good at talking up there listings
PM me if you want further info. I would also be interested to get your view on what Gordon's have done to you?

Back