Minimize CGT residential property sell down

Hi All,

In the future (looking at 10-15yr time frame) i'd be looking at selling my residential properties and living on the dividends/distributions from share holdings.

Could someone provide advice as to minimize tax paid on the profits from selling the residential properties? Should them within different financial years?

Should i sell the one with the highest CGT implications and then prepay some interest for the next financial year?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RH

I wouldn't sell in the first place....live off the rents & equity...no CGT to worry about at all....;)

At least that's what I'm going to do anyway....I often wonder if all the blue chip shares of today will all still be around in 10-15yrs from now....?

I wouldn't sell in the first place....live off the rents & equity...no CGT to worry about at all....;)

At least that's what I'm going to do anyway....I often wonder if all the blue chip shares of today will all still be around in 10-15yrs from now....?

my mum does this now, it ain't that flash.

Its around 3-3.5% net return (cash flow) which equals on 1 million in property no debt 30-35k p.a

I think residential property has a place in a portfolio, but not as big of a place once retirement comes.

Back