mirrabooka, balga, nollamarra

Hi RyanJD
Did you have a look at it????

Yeah had a look at it. I put in a offer I thought was fair. Got told other offers were above the asking price I didn't go near it but we will see.

The agent told me the person who died, there executor of the will died as well a bit after the them, so it has been sitting doing nothing for quite some time!

Problems I saw, some mold and cracks along the wall in a couple rooms, old owner was a heavy smoker and wall paper is half yellow and still smells, one side of the back fence is hardly left standing, gas leak before the box which you can smell at the front door. Renovators delight but not one you would pay much more. A quick clean and rent until possible development in the future.

Hi RyanJD
Don't have the stomach for these types of renos, but if you can pick it up at the right price then its worth a shot.

Unfortunately it becomes a Dutch auction when you have multiple offers, who knows what it will sell for.

I have noticed recently that some houses have sold for much higher price than I would pay. The lower-mid $300s are getting snapped up. It will be interesting to see how high they go over the next 6 months.

I would be very careful with regards to any properties on the market with Ray White, M as they play games, and I believe it difficult to secure a property at a reasonable price.

Good luck

Cheers, MTR

Hi RyanJD
Don't have the stomach for these types of renos, but if you can pick it up at the right price then its worth a shot.

Unfortunately it becomes a Dutch auction when you have multiple offers, who knows what it will sell for.

I have noticed recently that some houses have sold for much higher price than I would pay. The lower-mid $300s are getting snapped up. It will be interesting to see how high they go over the next 6 months.

Cheers, MTR

I actually enjoy renovating, did my other house and wanted to keep going.
The agent said they are showing the offers tomorrow. From what the REA said the trust wants a quick sale. I have a feeling some people might not want to buy because they actual person died in the house.

If I got this house would spend about 6K on it and rent it out straight away. I thought about asking for early access but didn't want to add to many conditions.

Houses in these areas are getting snapped up by first home owners because of low rates I know a few friends who purchased in this and surrounding suburbs. Because they are selling so quick also the agents are putting crazy prices up and they are selling.

A few 4x2 in mirrabooka are going for 420-430K. No way I would pay that. If rates go back up I'm sure these new home owners are going to struggle to repay the mortgages and might have to sell.

I actually enjoy renovating, did my other house and wanted to keep going.
The agent said they are showing the offers tomorrow. From what the REA said the trust wants a quick sale. I have a feeling some people might not want to buy because they actual person died in the house.

If I got this house would spend about 6K on it and rent it out straight away. I thought about asking for early access but didn't want to add to many conditions.

Houses in these areas are getting snapped up by first home owners because of low rates I know a few friends who purchased in this and surrounding suburbs. Because they are selling so quick also the agents are putting crazy prices up and they are selling.

A few 4x2 in mirrabooka are going for 420-430K. No way I would pay that. If rates go back up I'm sure these new home owners are going to struggle to repay the mortgages and might have to sell.

Hi Ryan
6K is not alot of money, so I guess it is either not bad and only cosmetic stuff and of course you will be doing all the work, that is the way to go.

Yes, your right there is a mixture of first home buyers and investors, it really ticks all the boxes, cheap housing and close to the city.

There is also Satterley selling to first home buyers JV, Government providing the deposits, these are cheaper, but obviously not for us.

Keep us post, good luck:)

Cheers, MTR

Got a call today from the Real estate agent saying they accepted another offer.

He said it was still subject to conditions so we will see. Would like to see what it goes for and if it is for investment or a PPOR

Got a call today from the Real estate agent saying they accepted another offer.

He said it was still subject to conditions so we will see. Would like to see what it goes for and if it is for investment or a PPOR

Hi RyanJD
Keep us posted, will be interested to also know what it sold for.

Not seeing too many great deals as I believe Ray White M are getting lots of listings and as I mentioned they get top $ for the vendors, just have to sit and wait, but unfortunately when something good comes along you have to battle with the herd:rolleyes:

MTR

Can anyone see the selling price of this place for free?

I don't want to pay to see how much I lost it for haha

Pricefinder isn't showing a price, so it probably hasn't settled yet.

It is showing the last sale though as being $11,280 to State Housing Commission in 2010!! :eek: and no there are not any numbers missing from that last sale price :D

hi guys,

I;ve noticed that houses on ok sized blocks sell for sub 350k in these suburbs - which are only about 10km from perth. Proposed light rail in future may also improve capital growth
I'm from sydney and wanted your opinions on what these suburbs are like. i have read that they are lower social economic, are they improving ? how bad is it ?
how would you compare these areas in terms of the type of people vs say thornlie ?

thanks in advance

Eyespy
I hope you purchased something, as it is now very difficult to buy sub 350K. Houses are now 400K+, Nollamara entry level is much higher, and que up as there is plenty of competition.

MTR

Hey mtr,
actually i just got a place under contract at 340k in girrawheen. i tried to view the meakers way one when i was visiting perth but it went so quickly- interesting to see it fall through.
agree that its very competitive and you need to be quick, not easy to negotiate discounts.
now fingers crossed my finance is ok

Hey mtr,
actually i just got a place under contract at 340k in girrawheen. i tried to view the meakers way one when i was visiting perth but it went so quickly- interesting to see it fall through.
agree that its very competitive and you need to be quick, not easy to negotiate discounts.
now fingers crossed my finance is ok

That is great news, I think you did well getting sub 350K

As far as renting the property out, you need a gun RE agent not someone who will take on anyone as you will get plenty of applications.

I use Marie from Ray Whiteman Mirrabooka. I screened a few and I am particular on who I use and Marie is a no nonsense person and goes out of her way to get a suitable client.

Cheers, MTR

Pricefinder isn't showing a price, so it probably hasn't settled yet.

It is showing the last sale though as being $11,280 to State Housing Commission in 2010!! :eek: and no there are not any numbers missing from that last sale price :D

I wonder what happened, they only wanted a 30 day settlement. Maybe someone offered a crazy amount with long settlement.

Mirrabooka houses are selling for 410K+ for 4x1 and $430K+ for 4x2

I wish i had to sell my house I would make a killing!

It is very hard to find any decent deals now in Perth the prices are crazy and I don't see most being worth it.

My next purchase is going to be in Hamersley or Marangaroo

Mirrabooka houses are selling for 410K+ for 4x1 and $430K+ for 4x2

I wish i had to sell my house I would make a killing!

It is very hard to find any decent deals now in Perth the prices are crazy and I don't see most being worth it.

My next purchase is going to be in Hamersley or Marangaroo

When you say not worth it not sure why you think this is the case.

The market dictates what it is worth on the day.

Having a quick look at Hamersley you will probably need to be paying closer to 500K, that is a big jump in price you will need deeper pockets to hold.

Mirrabooka by all accounts I feel is an undervalued area purely coz it has a stigma attached, but this is changing, proximity to the city, infrastructure, and new light rail on the agenda. Unfortunately you have to look harder for the bargains sub 400K.

Buying property this close to the city on a decent size block for this price is still cheap as chips in my book. I believe prices will continue to rise in this area, so enjoy the ride while it lasts and access your equity and keep buying.

Cheers, MTR:)

Last edited:
If your up for a big challenge both 33 and 35 Apara Way Nollamara are up for sale (separately)

about 1900sqm potential in R40 on a street which has already had some development to 4 unit sites.
Imagine the fun Aaron could have with these two.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-nollamara-112165727
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-nollamara-112973511

Sure as hell wouldnt be easy, but the potential, imagine the potential :D:D:D

Blacky

16 x 70sqm apartments :D:D

Back